opinions/suggestions please re:pier 66 embarkation Seattle

emerylynne

We will be driving to port morning of cruise. Parking at Bell St unless anybody has a great alternative.

We are 2 couples traveling and our husbands are extremely impatient. I have read "get there early and get on first" also "boarding later means less lines"

I am thinking get there early and park and then walk around the waterfront until later to avoid irritating the ogres:p then just get our bags from the car and head to the ship.

Does this sound okay?

What time would you suggest heading for the ship to have the best chance at shorter/quicker lines?

We are open to any and all suggestions that might avoid a lengthy stand in line or extended sit doing nothing.

thanks

You might want to check out this link before you make a decision. From reading this you can't arrive earlier than 11:30 and it's valet parking for cruise parking. Parts seem to read a little contradictory with other parts so I'm not sure exactly how it reads. Anyway, take a look at the garage parking site and see what it says about cruise parking at Bell st. garage.

http://www.rpnw.com/seattle/cruise/default.asp

We will be driving to port morning of cruise. Parking at Bell St unless anybody has a great alternative.

We are 2 couples traveling and our husbands are extremely impatient. I have read "get there early and get on first" also "boarding later means less lines"

I am thinking get there early and park and then walk around the waterfront until later to avoid irritating the ogres:p then just get our bags from the car and head to the ship.

Does this sound okay?

What time would you suggest heading for the ship to have the best chance at shorter/quicker lines?

We are open to any and all suggestions that might avoid a lengthy stand in line or extended sit doing nothing.

thanks

The lines are "sheer hell" from noon to 2 pm (take from me, I worked check in at Pier 66 last season), and, this year, NCL will be shutting down check in no later than 2:30 for a 4:30 departure. Make up your own mind what time you think you need to be there, bearing in mind that, if you are not checked in when they close the doors, you will not be going to Alaska.

I think sticking with my original plan and going early is the best bet. With everything that has gone on in our lives the last cuople months we NEED this vacation!

Karen:

any thoughts on vjblk's post about not arriving at parking before 1130? I would hate to be turned away. Is that posted to help get the debarking traffic off and gone?

If my friend and I waited in line could our husbands walk around nearby until we were toward the front and rejoin us?

thanks again for the input.

I think sticking with my original plan and going early is the best bet. With everything that has gone on in our lives the last cuople months we NEED this vacation!

Karen:

any thoughts on vjblk's post about not arriving at parking before 1130? I would hate to be turned away. Is that posted to help get the debarking traffic off and gone?

If my friend and I waited in line could our husbands walk around nearby until we were toward the front and rejoin us?

thanks again for the input.

Obviously, I have never parked at either of the cruise terminals in Seattle (in point of fact, I don't park anywhere because I gave up my car when it started to cost me $250.00 per month to park in my apartment building's garage), so I don't know how true it is. I would suggest calling them to see. I am reasonably certain that I have seen people parking before 11:30, and check in begins to get crowded from the moment it begins between 10:00 and 10:30, and they can't ALL be coming from the airport or taxis.

As for hubbies walking around outside and joining you in line, unfortunately, no. You can check in and then leave again to walk around, making sure you are back in time to board but, once you are inside the building in line, you all need to be together, or they will have to check in separately (which they CAN do, BTW).

We have parked at Bell Street between 10:30 & 11:00.......never any problems from the people there.......just follow the signs that say cruise parking & park........if you can try parking on level 3........towards the south end....it's either the same level as the sky bridge or half a ramp up......very easy to take lugage, walk across & take the elevator down to the street level.......

Enjoy....we'll be doing it May 31st!!!

Sharon

thanks again so much.

We will arrive in time to get in line for early check in....the ladies with "we are on vacation" smiles and the ogres waiting impatiently!!!:p

I will let you know how it turns out when we return.

Archived