Princess Cay Cabana ?

Green4me

While checking the Princess Cruise Personalizer for our upcomming Christmas cruise, I noticed a new (to me) option for Princess Cay. They are offering a cabana rental for $8.00/day. Does anyone have information on what these are? I have been to PC twice before and do not remember seeing cabanas. The detailed description describes them as a place to get some shade from the sun but no picture. I am guessing they are like the small half dome fold outs you see at the beach.

Thanks in advance,

I am sorry to say I am not able to report on the status of the Cabanas. Our 9/25.. no I mean 9/27 sailing was supposed to be the 1st one with the cabanas at Princess Cays. I reserved one but never got to go to Princess Cays to see it... :(

Hopefully soon someone will report on the cabanas at Princess Cays...

Hopefully soon someone will report on the cabanas at Princess Cays...

I'm assuming the cabanas -- along with everything else there -- are long gone.

Let's keep it in perspective; missing cabanas for us pampered pax are nothing compared to all the Bahamians now missing their homes and means of earning a living...

I don't think anyone is unsympathetic to the plight of all those who were affected by the hurricanes (and yes, I'm one of those people)

But the fact remains that we will rebuild and move on with our lives. Heck, just this past weekend a bunch of us were commenting on how nice it was to have a weekend where we weren't worried about an upcoming hurricane or, even worse, having a hurricane go right over us.

Having said that, I think the cabana question is valid. Princess, along with everyone else affected by the hurricanes, will do no one any favors by wallowing in the tragedies.....the goal for all of us is to pick up where the hurricanes left us and move on.

It's not as if anyone's bitching and moaning that the hurricanes have made the cabanas go away. Heck, some posts I read even insinuated that the cabanas weren't even going to be available until late Septmeber...so there's a chance that nothing happened to them.

• 8 years later...
I don't think anyone is unsympathetic to the plight of all those who were affected by the hurricanes (and yes, I'm one of those people)

But the fact remains that we will rebuild and move on with our lives. Heck, just this past weekend a bunch of us were commenting on how nice it was to have a weekend where we weren't worried about an upcoming hurricane or, even worse, having a hurricane go right over us.

Having said that, I think the cabana question is valid. Princess, along with everyone else affected by the hurricanes, will do no one any favors by wallowing in the tragedies.....the goal for all of us is to pick up where the hurricanes left us and move on.

It's not as if anyone's bitching and moaning that the hurricanes have made the cabanas go away. Heck, some posts I read even insinuated that the cabanas weren't even going to be available until late Septmeber...so there's a chance that nothing happened to them.

just saw a beautiful pic of Island after Sandy just some minor damage to outgoing pier building look just fine

Archived