Has anyone done a beach day in Kusadasi?

I am just wondering if the beaches are nice in Turkey? If so - where is the best location? Thank you.

I believe Turkey has some fabulous beaches - it has a massive coastline. Kusadasi didn't look particularly nice when we docked there last year, though. There must be someone out there who can point you in the right direction hopefully.

Take a taxi to Ladies Beach in Kusadasi - much nicer than the town beach.

Thanks - are there restaurants, lounge chairs and umbrellas? Clean Restrooms? How much by taxi approx.? thanks for any information you can give me.

Ladies beach is very pleasant - an attendant comes round selling places for mats, umbrellas and chairs. There are many restaurants/cafes across the road with a good choice of food and meals. The beach is clean and the water too. We spent a pleasant few hours there. The taxi to and fro was cheap - paid in sterling which was converted to turkish lira for change. It was very cheap as I recall. Turkey is a very reasonable country pricewise.

Ladies beach is very pleasant - an attendant comes round selling places for mats, umbrellas and chairs. There are many restaurants/cafes across the road with a good choice of food and meals. The beach is clean and the water too. We spent a pleasant few hours there. The taxi to and fro was cheap - paid in sterling which was converted to turkish lira for change. It was very cheap as I recall. Turkey is a very reasonable country pricewise.

Thanks for your comments. Was it easy to find a taxi from the port and back to the port? Were there restrooms?

Thanks so much!

We went on a ship's tour from Kusadasi in 2006 when we were on Splendour of the Seas - it was to a place called Jade Beach Club. It was wonderful - there were lots of wooden decks with loungers and steps down into the sea. Some of those decks were further out, some of them right on the shore. You could swim off them and then go back to lounge in the sun. There was a restaurant, and a bar for cold drinks (but no ice creams when we went!), there were also lots of tent things with big squashy cushions if you wanted to relax in the shade.

It was the best beach location we have been to, but we are going back to Kusadasi on Splendour again this June and this tour is not in their brochure, or we would have gone back like a shot! I think it may be because there were only 15 people who were on that tour - mostly everyone headed off to Ephesus! So if it was undersubscribed maybe they pulled it.

We went on a ship's tour from Kusadasi in 2006 when we were on Splendour of the Seas - it was to a place called Jade Beach Club. It was wonderful - there were lots of wooden decks with loungers and steps down into the sea. Some of those decks were further out, some of them right on the shore. You could swim off them and then go back to lounge in the sun. There was a restaurant, and a bar for cold drinks (but no ice creams when we went!), there were also lots of tent things with big squashy cushions if you wanted to relax in the shade.

It was the best beach location we have been to, but we are going back to Kusadasi on Splendour again this June and this tour is not in their brochure, or we would have gone back like a shot! I think it may be because there were only 15 people who were on that tour - mostly everyone headed off to Ephesus! So if it was undersubscribed maybe they pulled it.

thank you - that sounds fantastic. At least I can look into it maybe independant of the ships tour. I'm thinking of doing a priavate tour of Ephesus and then a few hours at a beach. We dock early morning til 7pm so I think we might have time to do both...?

Archived