Shopping on Mariner Western Itinerary

Hi,

My wife has been wondering if there is good shopping at Grand Cayman, Cozumel, or Ocho Rios. There was great shopping last year for her at St. Maarten and the southern itinerary etc.. but we haven't been any of these places and our favorite store "Little Switzerland" is not at any of these islands. Any ideas from shoppers so I can update my wife??

Thanks,

Shopping in the Grand Caymans a few years ago, had great deals. Don't know about now its been awhile. Make sure to get the shopping handout, and walk aroung first. Have fun

there is no shopping to speak of (other than local handicrafts) in Ocho Rios (or any of Jamaica, for that matter), Belize, Roatan, Labadee, etc. Cozumel has a lot of cheap silver, but it will most likely tarnish as there is no regulation as to who can stamp .925 on anything... Grand Cayman has lots of high end jewelry, watch, and other stores. I can't comment on the bargains, but on that itinerary I'd save my shopping for Grand Cayman (but definitely don't miss out on the beach or Stingray City - it's a blast).

Hi,

My wife has been wondering if there is good shopping at Grand Cayman, Cozumel, or Ocho Rios. There was great shopping last year for her at St. Maarten and the southern itinerary etc.. but we haven't been any of these places and our favorite store "Little Switzerland" is not at any of these islands. Any ideas from shoppers so I can update my wife??

Thanks,

Grand Cayman has a 'Little Switzerland'. Great shopping on Western side. Watch Jamica - do not know what the safety level is these days - sometimes you can not walk around, sometimes not so.

Grand Cayman - 2 perfume stores, many jewelry shops, Fossil store, etc. Good for gold & ammoleite(sic). Have a caymanite artist that is a little walk -- from pier left - short walk. Some specialty goodies - lace store, rum cakes, etc. Bernard Passman should still have his gallery there - just check it out. Other Black coral artists there too. Amazing items & a/c works really great @ Bernard Passman. This port is very short stay - long lines to tender back to the ship too.

Mexico - good too, but to me less gold. More colored stones. For shot glasses, etc - there is literally a hole in the wall shop with $1 for a variety of items. I got my office souvenires there - have items for kids, etc, too.

THis year I will be looking for a gold Locket & charm holder. That will most likely be Grand Cayman.

Have been a few times -- also Cozumel - looking for the 2 for $4.00 beers & $4 margaritas & fish tacos.

I usually find 1 really nice piece or 2 & a few lesser items.

Shopping is great there. I love ST Marten, myself. I find it much better than St. Thomas.

Archived