Voting while away!!!!

Krazy Kruizers

Only those who have taken the time and made the effort to understand the issues and know the voting history of the candidates should bother to cast a ballot. Our future is too important to put into the hands of those who don't do more than "roll the dice" to decide where to make their mark.

Thank you so much for saying that. I have said that for years and someone always says "everyone should vote, it's your right" but I am a true believer that if you don't know the issues, you shouldn't. And I have been there when younger, not really knowing the issues and decided not to vote feeling like I might be canceling out a vote from someone who knew better than I did. Boy did I hear about it being unamerican and all but I believed that I didn't have a right to vote if I didn't know all the issues. Now I make sure I am making an informed decision.

A discussion of absentee voting is fine, but please resist the temptation to tout your candidate or to otherwise engage in a political discussion.

Thanks.

Superstein, guess what!!! You're off my "ignore" list!!!! And I'm not going to tell you why, but you can guess:D if you want to.

Why did you have to bring this up? It has no place here: it's irrelevant to the topic.

Friends:

I was at Sea during the 1996, 2000 and 2002 elections and I voted absentee in all of them. I will never forget being on the Mexican Rivera during the 2000 Presidental election and not knowing who the winner was all the time I was gone. I vote here in Illiniois and I live about a mile from the County Clerk's office so I just go down and vote. In 1996, I lived in Hastert's district and went to that County Clerk's office and voted with no problem.

Himself

Good point, slinkiecat. That's why we encourage our clients to read newspapers and watch political broadcasts on TV if they want to. I think that many of our clients are more informed than many other people. They're not unobservant or "dice rollers" by any means!

Believe me I watch political broadcasts and read newspapers...and more I do less I know who to vote for...

If I don't vote it won't be because of lack of information for me.

Why did you have to bring this up? It has no place here: it's irrelevant to the topic.

Sopa, yes it was relevant. The fact you didn't understand the relevance doesn't mean it isn't. Many people make comments on threads meant for just one person and nobody finds fault with it. This was an amusing note to Superstein and I have no idea why you're annoyed by it. However, your post does not have relevance to the topic.

Believe me I watch political broadcasts and read newspapers...and more I do less I know who to vote for...

If I don't vote it won't be because of lack of information for me.

Tatka, awhile back (I think it was on AOL) they provided a questionnaire that you could fill out. It did not indicate which candidate supported which issue. At the end it told you which candidate most agreed with your positions. It was excellent. If you could find something like that, it might be helpful to you.

I liked it because although I believed I knew who I wanted to vote for, I was happy to see that the result of the test proved I was supporting the candidate who agreed with me on most issues.

We have not received our absentee ballots yet and I'm getting nervous. There is no way DH will get on that plane to Rome without casting his vote in the presidential election! Colorado is going to be pivitol this election - tempers are flying HIGH on both sides.

We also have a hot Senate race too.

We leave 11/1/04 - I hope the ballots get here soon!

KK - I am glad you are going to be able to vote. I would be very upset if I weren't able to.

ekerr19; Hurray for you and thanks for your attitude. The idea that some bureaucrat or some special interest group can control my ability to vote simply by delaying the distribution of absentee ballots until they are virtually useless is hard to take.

Thanks DFD1... I don't understand the delay either!

I always thought absentee ballots went out 30 days prior to the election... :confused:

Here in California we can still apply for an absentee ballot until Oct. 26. Evidently all the back-and-forth about Nader (as well as some purely California issues with ballot propositions) means they can't go out until the last possible moment.

vote.gif

Sopa, yes it was relevant. The fact you didn't understand the relevance doesn't mean it isn't. Many people make comments on threads meant for just one person and nobody finds fault with it. This was an amusing note to Superstein and I have no idea why you're annoyed by it. However, your post does not have relevance to the topic.

I understood it. What I don't understand is why people get upset about what someone posts that has nothing to do with them...oops, I guess my post is irrelevent...let me see..oh yea, I will return from my cruise in time to vote.

Hmmmmm - not sure what I missed here

Several very amusing (IMHO) political posts were removed that Walt felt didn't fit the topic. As a result, sopa felt my post was irrelevant. My post directed to SS related to something he had said earlier which is now removed.

However, his post led me to decide to remove him from my "ignore" list and I just wanted to let him know that. End of story;) .

And, Gretchen, thanks:) . I couldn't agree more.

Well.... since we will be home through the election season, you could just have all of your absentee ballots sent to me along with your signature so I can trace it and fill out your ballots. You KNOW you can trust me to vote according to your wishes, don't you?:D

Tatka, awhile back (I think it was on AOL) they provided a questionnaire that you could fill out. It did not indicate which candidate supported which issue. At the end it told you which candidate most agreed with your positions. It was excellent. If you could find something like that, it might be helpful to you.

I liked it because although I believed I knew who I wanted to vote for, I was happy to see that the result of the test proved I was supporting the candidate who agreed with me on most issues.

I don't know if this is the one you saw on AOL, Heather, but the test on this site: http://www.politicalcompass.org/ will also give one a chance to see where their beliefs and opinions place them on both the liberal/conservative scale and the libertarian/authoritarian one.

Slinkie

My dh and I will be in Key West on election day so we have already voted by absentee ballot. I guess we are not so far behind in everything in Georgia. Every Wednesday you can vote at our courthouse if you are going to be out of town on this election day.

I feel politics have no place on the Cruise Critic board. On the roll call HAL board for Dec 5 Westerdam there are some people who have taken it over with politics and being extremely critical of certain candidates. It has nothing to do with the upcoming cruise.

I just found out our absentee ballots are not scheduled to go out until 10/26... why so late, I've no idea. Seems like a waste to send them out so late.

The county clerk advised we could vote early at several locations, so that is probably what we will do.

Archived