seatac to pier 66

spintowin

Leaving June 6 to Alaska out of Seattle. What is the most inexpensive way for party of three to get to pier 66 from Seattle airport? Do any of the car rental companies have a drop off near pier? Thanks for any help.

Leaving June 6 to Alaska out of Seattle. What is the most inexpensive way for party of three to get to pier 66 from Seattle airport? Do any of the car rental companies have a drop off near pier? Thanks for any help.

Thrifty has a drop off at Pier 48, but it is infamous for taking forever and a slow shuttle to the pier.

Taxi costs about $35.00 for two, with a slight additional cost for third pax.

Thrifty has a drop off at Pier 48, but it is infamous for taking forever and a slow shuttle to the pier.

Taxi costs about $35.00 for two, with a slight additional cost for third pax.

We are dropping a car at Thrifty at pier 66 according to the information given when we made arrangements. Is that incorrect? How long a walk would it be from pier 48 to Pier 66 if that is the drop off spot?

We are dropping a car at Thrifty at pier 66 according to the information given when we made arrangements. Is that incorrect? How long a walk would it be from pier 48 to Pier 66 if that is the drop off spot?

If you can drop the car off at Peir 66, you should just take a taxi to the airport. You could walk down to Pier 48, but its a long walk - it would probably take you 25 - 30 min to walk that far. There are always a ton of taxis right in front of Pier 66.

If you can drop the car off at Peir 66, you should just take a taxi to the airport. You could walk down to Pier 48, but its a long walk - it would probably take you 25 - 30 min to walk that far. There are always a ton of taxis right in front of Pier 66.

Thanks for the reply.

We're actually dropping the car before the cruise. I thought it would be an easy walk from Thrifty's Pier 66 location to the cruise terminal at Pier 66? Am I missing something? :confused:

Thanks for the reply.

We're actually dropping the car before the cruise. I thought it would be an easy walk from Thrifty's Pier 66 location to the cruise terminal at Pier 66? Am I missing something? :confused:

Thrifty's drop off is at Pier 48. They have a desk at Pier 66, but there is no parking at Pier 66 proper. This used to be a location to do paperwork only, with shuttle transfer to Pier 48 to pick up the vehicle. I'm not sure this has changed. I would verify it with Thrifty.

Thrifty's drop off is at Pier 48. They have a desk at Pier 66, but there is no parking at Pier 66 proper. This used to be a location to do paperwork only, with shuttle transfer to Pier 48 to pick up the vehicle. I'm not sure this has changed. I would verify it with Thrifty.

Wow. Thanks for that info because that wasn't my understanding when I made the rental....and all because I thought I was dropping the car off at Pier 66. I will definitely be talking to someone at Thrifty!

Wow. Thanks for that info because that wasn't my understanding when I made the rental....and all because I thought I was dropping the car off at Pier 66. I will definitely be talking to someone at Thrifty!

Good idea. Let me know what you find out, in case they have changed something and I wasn't aware.

I also booked a car with Thrifty to drop off at pier 66, 2225 Alaskan Way. The address is listed on the website at Thrifty.

Exactly. They also list a drop off at Pier 48 as Karen and others are pointing out.

I was put on hold when I called Thrifty, but it's a national number so I wasn't sure anyone would have a clue even if I talked to someone, so I hung up. They must handle it somehow so they can claim it's a drop off point. I'll ask at the airport when we arrive, or even stop by that location before the actual drop off time to ask.

Good idea. Let me know what you find out, in case they have changed something and I wasn't aware.

Hi Karen. I talked with someone at Thrifty this morning and they told me that Pier 66 was a drop off point so that I would be able to leave the car right there and go on my way. I guess the proof will be when I go to do it! :)

Hi Karen. I talked with someone at Thrifty this morning and they told me that Pier 66 was a drop off point so that I would be able to leave the car right there and go on my way. I guess the proof will be when I go to do it! :)

They must be going to have you put it in the garage a couple of blocks away then because there seriously is no parking at Pier 66. Thanks for letting me know.

They must be going to have you put it in the garage a couple of blocks away then because there seriously is no parking at Pier 66. Thanks for letting me know.

I don't know how much staff they would have there (especially if it is just a kiosk) but maybe they have someone take the car from you and drive it to wherever?

It'll be interesting to see!

I don't know how much staff they would have there (especially if it is just a kiosk) but maybe they have someone take the car from you and drive it to wherever?

It'll be interesting to see!

It's more than a kiosk. They actually have a manned (or womaned) desk, but that is really all that is there. In fact, I would not be surprised to see the on-site off duty SPD stop you if you do more than pull up to the curb, disgorge someone and pull away again immediately. It's basically a no-parking zone when the ships are in (for security and other pretty obvious reasons), and the parking in front is limited to buses only. Even taxis can only drop off, they can't stop and stand.

It WILL be interesting.

I wonder if there is anyway to talk to someone right at the location rather than at the National number? Any idea if there is a local number?

Hang on a minute and let me look........

OK, I'm back.:D I could not find a local number anywhere. I'm guessing that is because they are only open on cruise days, not at any other time. The other local Thrifty outlets DO have local numbers (Pier 48 does NOT).

Thanks for checking. I will try to check it out before the morning of our drop off to see if anyone is around. I'll ask when we pick up the car to see if someone knows - but I won't count on it!

It's rather annoying to have them list it as a drop off location if, in fact we can't! :eek:

Just had a thought.....I wonder if the other local outlets could answer the question. Where did you get the numbers from? Phone directory, or internet?

Thanks for checking. I will try to check it out before the morning of our drop off to see if anyone is around. I'll ask when we pick up the car to see if someone knows - but I won't count on it!

It's rather annoying to have them list it as a drop off location if, in fact we can't! :eek:

Just had a thought.....I wonder if the other local outlets could answer the question. Where did you get the numbers from? Phone directory, or internet?

The other local outlets (i.e. downtown, Bellevue, et cetera, have local phone numbers listed on the company website

http://www.thriftycarrental.com

The same numbers are listed in the local phone book and on superpages.com

Well I just read a review of someone who just got off the NCL Star. They rented from the Pier 66 location post cruise - and were shuttled somewhere else. I think it is unlikely that they would allow dropoffs there.

Well I just read a review of someone who just got off the NCL Star. They rented from the Pier 66 location post cruise - and were shuttled somewhere else. I think it is unlikely that they would allow dropoffs there.

Thanks for that information. We'll have to allow extra time to drop the car off before our cruise. Good to know now and not that day! Again, thanks. :D

Thanks for that information. We'll have to allow extra time to drop the car off before our cruise. Good to know now and not that day! Again, thanks. :D

I think that would be your best bet. As I said, they were picking up, not dropping off. But I think it is a good assumption that you may have to go somewhere else to drop it off - and to plan extra time for it.

Info from the Port of Seattle website:

"Rental Cars"

"Thrifty Car Rental has rental kiosks at both cruise terminals. Look for kiosks near the concierge desk. Thrifty provides a free shuttle to the rental car lot located just a short distance from both cruise terminals."

So the rental car lot is at Pier 48.

Info from the Port of Seattle website:

"Rental Cars"

"Thrifty Car Rental has rental kiosks at both cruise terminals. Look for kiosks near the concierge desk. Thrifty provides a free shuttle to the rental car lot located just a short distance from both cruise terminals."

So the rental car lot is at Pier 48.

Yep, that's what I thought. Have never seen pick up or drop off at either Pier 66 or Terminal 30, just the desks.

Archived