seatac to pier 66

spintowin

I am going to say something to them.....maybe even write a letter at some point. It is very misleading to customers. I'm just glad to have this information ahead of time. Thanks to everyone.

I just saw on another thread where they charge extra money to pick up or drop off at Pier 66 or Terminal 30, too. Something smells rather rotten in Denmark (ummmmm, Seattle), too.

I just saw on another thread where they charge extra money to pick up or drop off at Pier 66 or Terminal 30, too. Something smells rather rotten in Denmark (ummmmm, Seattle), too.

Okay, now that REALLY stinks! :mad: I wish I could actually talk to someone "live" from Thrifty who knows. BUT, I guess I'll just have to accept it. Right now I prefer this to the alternatives. They should make that clear from the outset though. Maybe I should reread that fine print!:eek:

I appreciate the heads up.

Okay, now that REALLY stinks! :mad: I wish I could actually talk to someone "live" from Thrifty who knows. BUT, I guess I'll just have to accept it. Right now I prefer this to the alternatives. They should make that clear from the outset though. Maybe I should reread that fine print!:eek:

I appreciate the heads up.

She said it was like $70.00 extra plus something else. Added up to a fair chunk of change.

This makes my head spin! :eek:

I have a decent deal with Thrifty and no where does it say I'm paying extra for drop off at Pier 66 (ha, ha).....I'll have to check that out.

I emailed Thrifty last night and again was assured that is where I drop the car! I had a thought of getting out and just leaving it there and saying it's your problem. :D I know I'd pay for that in the end since they have my cc info.

Thrifty will be hearing from me.

This makes my head spin! :eek:

I have a decent deal with Thrifty and no where does it say I'm paying extra for drop off at Pier 66 (ha, ha).....I'll have to check that out.

I emailed Thrifty last night and again was assured that is where I drop the car! I had a thought of getting out and just leaving it there and saying it's your problem. :D I know I'd pay for that in the end since they have my cc info.

Thrifty will be hearing from me.

I definitely think that it is an issue that you need to get them to deal with. Then, once you do, pass on your knowledge to others so that they don't get caught in the same situation. Thanks for that.

The way I read the website is that you drop the car off at Pier 48 and then they shuttle you to Terminal 30 or 66. Does anyone know how long it takes to shuttle fro Pier 48 to Terminal 30?:confused:

Anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours, depening on how long you have to wait until the shuttle is full. You could walk it faster.

The way I read the website is that you drop the car off at Pier 48 and then they shuttle you to Terminal 30 or 66. Does anyone know how long it takes to shuttle fro Pier 48 to Terminal 30?:confused:

You saw this on Thrifty's website? Can you direct me to where you see that?

When I was choosing where to pick up and drop off I was given a list and Pier 66, Pier 48, Pier 30 (I think) and some other Seattle downtown locations are given. I haven't see anything that says you drop at Pier 48 only - and if that is the case, why give you the option of Pier 66? That's what is annoying. I'd have no problem if the option wasn't given. :(

You saw this on Thrifty's website? Can you direct me to where you see that?

When I was choosing where to pick up and drop off I was given a list and Pier 66, Pier 48, Pier 30 (I think) and some other Seattle downtown locations are given. I haven't see anything that says you drop at Pier 48 only - and if that is the case, why give you the option of Pier 66? That's what is annoying. I'd have no problem if the option wasn't given. :(

I was just trying to check the car rental prices before our cruise in September, and when I tried to plug in the "drop off at another location" for Pier 66, it wouldn't take it. I got a message saying that the location wasn't open that day. For some reason, though, it will let me drop off at Pier 48 (which is what I'll do).

I think I'll drop DW and bags at the pier, take the rental car down to the drop-off, and either take the shuttle or get a little exercise (the more likely option prior to a cruise) and walk back.

I just got our flight reservations today, so this is next on our list.

I was just trying to check the car rental prices before our cruise in September, and when I tried to plug in the "drop off at another location" for Pier 66, it wouldn't take it. I got a message saying that the location wasn't open that day. For some reason, though, it will let me drop off at Pier 48 (which is what I'll do).

Okay, then that's different from my situation which clearly was a choice, but sounds like I'll be doing what you're going to do. I am glad to be prepared for this, but it bugs me that they make it sound like you can really drop your car there when everyone says there is no place to do it!

I'm still working on trying to get a definite answer before we leave next week, but not sure I'll be successful.

Archived