jelly fish

pugaddict

I believe but I am not sure that is too early for them. They come out August and Spetember--- and they sting too but not too badly....

I have seen more jelly fish in Bermuda than in September. Here is a link to a picture I took of one in early June at Horseshoe.

http://web.mac.com/rail/Site/Bermuda_Beaches.html#6

That said I have not found them to be a major problem in Bermuda waters. I have seen a lot more of them in Mexican waters.

I read it somewhere but it still stands out in my mind.. jelly fish season for Bermuda between Mothers Day and Fathers Day.

I hate to say it (since we'll be there May 21-23 on the Dawn) but this does make sense. But I'm going to look on the bright side since I know jelly fish prefer warm water. Better to have water warm enough to swim in with a few jellies than cold water.

BTW, while we're on the subject on creepy crawlers in Bermuda (first timers stop reading now, lol) does anyone know what those "sea bugs" that look like some sort of prehistoric trilobites are that you see out around the water lines on the rocks when you're swimming? I was curious about them last time.

Actually the image is of a Portuguese Man o' War. We saw dozens of them last week in Tobacco Bay & Alexandria Battery/Building Bay beach during some windy days.

The "sea bugs" are chitons.

Archived