Queen Mary 2 Scarf

judy&steve

Do any of you own the Hermes Queen Mary 2 scarf? I'm trying to locate one, but don't remember ever seeing it on the ship. They did have it the first time we sailed, but I didn't buy it. By our second trip, they were gone. I'm not soliciting anyone for a sale, but I need to know the name of the scarf so I can search for it on ebay. Thanks so much,

Judy

I saw it last year in August on our TA. Before we decided to buy it was sold out. I searched on ebay without any sucess. Hérmes informed me that this item is completly sold out.

If you can get one please ask for a second one (I will take it).

Michael

I saw it last year in August on our TA. Before we decided to buy it was sold out. I searched on ebay without any sucess. Hérmes informed me that this item is completly sold out.

If you can get one please ask for a second one (I will take it).

Michael

I'm trying, I'm trying!

They are evidently very, very rare. I've been in touch with lots of sources...

I'll let you know if I have success.

Judy

Judy,

that would be really great. I am courious what your sources are...

Any chance until next week as we are starting our voyage next weeks Friday?

Michael

I just searched and researched through ebay.

I don't even know what it looks like and I could get scammed, too. I am also not sure of the name of the scarf or the size. Hermes always puts the name somewhere in the design of the scarf.

I'm told that this could be a long wait. I emailed some guy in France or Switzerland about it. They are searching. I do know it will cost way more than it did on the ship -- if he can find it. Probably more than $500. Find two? I'm thinking finding one will be impossible.

--Judy

• 8 months later...

Through my contacts, forums, etc., I was referred to a seller who was selling a QM2 scarf. It was the correct issue. It took me more than a year to find it, spent probably twice what it cost on the ship. The person who sold it to me is in France. The good news, Hermes has re-issued the scarf, it is called En Avant Toute! It does not have the ship's name on the bow and the colors are different. Maybe it was reissued in honor of QM2's fifth anniversary. I am so happy that I got the real deal!

--Judy

A scarf , a scarf my kingdom for a scarf.

Well done for finding your QM2 hermes scarf as i know to my cost they are not cheap. Wear it with pride on your next voyage...good luck..(we did suggest the all mighty Ebay on a previous post and looked also).

Fred & Sian

A scarf , a scarf my kingdom for a scarf.

Well done for finding your QM2 hermes scarf as i know to my cost they are not cheap. Wear it with pride on your next voyage...good luck..(we did suggest the all mighty Ebay on a previous post and looked also).

Fred & Sian

Actually, it was a lead from someone on the yahoo hermes scarf board. They knew I was looking for it. I had purchased something a woman in England and she let me know about the auction from France. It appeared that it was sold, but I guess the seller wasn't paid and she sold it to me.

I also got a scarf that was based on the huge tapestry in the Brittania. I didn't even know that one existed. Also came from England. I found a QM man's wool scarf (not QM2) for Steve. I'm not sure it is as old as the original QM, but probably sold in the gift shop at the QM hotel.

--Judy

WELL DONE Judy!!! I love tenacity!! :D Wear it in good health and enjoy!!

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

August 7, 2009....the “Affair” goes on...this time “home” to Norway

PENNY!!! Who is this Tenacity guy? Where did he suddenly spring from?

I am insanely jealous.

J

Ah dearest J...just one of those impossible flings while crossing the Pond.:rolleyes: Nothing really...a mere dalliance....nothing like the real "Affair". :D

You know NO ONE could ever dislodge you from my heart!!! Then again, jealousy is such an adorable reaction.;) Now where do they keep those kiss-y smilies around here???

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

August 7, 2009....the “Affair” goes on...this time “home” to Norway

<P>For what it's worth, on a transatlantic last September, they had dozens of the QM2 Hermes scarves (a big box filled with them). Since they are pricey, I returned on the final night to see if they might be discounted somewhat. Instead, they had raised the price!! I declined to make the purchase. </P>

<P>For what it's worth, on a transatlantic last September, they had dozens of the QM2 Hermes scarves (a big box filled with them). Since they are pricey, I returned on the final night to see if they might be discounted somewhat. Instead, they had raised the price!! I declined to make the purchase. </P>

We were onboard late November, 2007. They were sold out by then. Hermes will never lower the price on a scarf. When I had to settle for another pattern, it was $295. A bargain by today's prices. They are probably a tad cheaper on the ship, duty free, but today an Hermes scarf at Neiman Marcus near Washington, DC was $375 and they are scheduled to go up to $390. Probably a better investment than stocks! Since I am a collector of scarves and DH is a QM2 collector, this was an important piece for me to have.

--Judy

• 8 months later...

Sorry if im dragging up an old thread but when her indoors was window shopping on our recent Oct 23rd QM2 pitch and toss (crossing) i did notice the sale of QM2 scarfs (showing my feminine side) and remembered some cruise critics searching for this Holy Grail. The price i dont know but they were on sale in the Hermes shop.

Fred & Sian.

Archived