anyone ever have this happen??

pugaddict

Ok, just when you think eveything is ok you get thrown a loop. My cruise to Bermuda is June 29. My husband, son 19 and his girlfriend are going (I think) My son informed me last night that he and his girlfriend are having problems and a possible break up may occur. I know my TA said it's a 35 dollar change fee ( I can handle that) , but other fees may incur by Norwegian. My son would bring another friend. Anyone know what that means? How much? or ever been in this situation?

I know my TA said it's a 35 dollar change fee ( I can handle that) , but other fees may incur by Norwegian.

I've changed names and it hasn't cost anything. In fact I did on our most recent cruise. I think costs could be incurred as you get closer to the date.

In 2004 I did a name change and NCL charged $350. I think it was a charge that they had in place for a short period of time and it still makes me mad when I think of it.

I really recommend calling NCL and asking them. The only thing I have been able to find on their website was this under "terms and conditions":

Name substitutions and departure date changes for cruise, land and other add-ons are considered cancellations and are subject to cancellation fees

I honestly can not believe you would be charged the cancellation fee, so I am not for sure what they are talking about. Give them a call. They are usually VERY helpful with things like this. Their toll free number is 8866-234-7350.

Here is their current policy on cancellation:

Effective May 6, 2008, NCL's cancellation schedule will change. Please see the new cancellation fee schedules below:

Cancellation fees for cruise, air, land and other charges will follow the schedule below and apply to all guests on the reservation. Cancellations must be telephoned to our Reservations Department. Depending on when the cruise is cancelled, cancellation charges will be assessed as indicated.

• Reservations that are not paid in full by the final payment due date are subject to cancellation, and in the event a reservation is cancelled, a cancellation fee will apply.
  • No refunds will be given on any cruise for no-shows.
  • No refunds will be made in the event of interruption or cancellation by an guest after the cruise begins.
  • No refunds will be given for any missed days of a Land Package.
  • Cancellation fees for air, land and other add-on charges will apply even if the reservation is not cancelled in full.
  • Gateway changes, flight date changes and name substitutions are considered cancellations, and air cancellation fees will apply. Additionally, spelling corrections may be considered cancellations.
  • Name substitutions and departure date changes for cruise, land and other add-ons are considered cancellations and are subject to cancellation fees.

Depending on close to sailing you cancel the more costly the penalty!

I really recommend calling NCL and asking them. The only thing I have been able to find on their website was this under "terms and conditions":

Name substitutions and departure date changes for cruise, land and other add-ons are considered cancellations and are subject to cancellation fees

I honestly can not believe you would be charged the cancellation fee, so I am not for sure what they are talking about. Give them a call. They are usually VERY helpful with things like this. Their toll free number is 8866-234-7350.

They are holding to this policy, as of recently. So I think the sooner the boyfriend knows that he is going to go through with the break-up, the lesser the penatly!

We are traveling with 14 other family members, some of them elderly. One aunt couldn't make it and we phoned our ta to see if changing names would cost. It was free. We changed two weeks ago and our cruise is June 8.

Hope you find out soon and change names for free!

Terri

Archived