Help Will Family manage in I class Stateroom

It will be real tight. I believe those have the pullman beds(fold into wall) for the teenagers and two twins that are converted into a queen for the two adults. The four of us usually get a D1 which has 206 sq. ft. and those have 161 sq. ft. We are walking into each other when we're all there. However, if that's what you have to do, then do it. The only time everyone's in the room is usually in the morning. And with my one teenager, we would be up, showered and have had breakfast before they were even awake, which actually was good for the space restraints. VERY LITTLE time is spent in the room. Don't worry, have fun and be happy!

When we have to share a room with our 2 DD's we schedule dressing and showering. We arrange it so the DH and I shower and are ready for dinner an hour early (we do late dining so this is easy). DD's are given a time to be back in the cabin to get ready for dinner. We go to a lounge for pre-dinner drinks and the kids meet us there in time for dinner.

In the morning, they usually throw on shorts and tank tops and head out so it's not a problem.

It will be tight quarters so plan ahead what you are going to do with everyone's stuff. The over the door shoe thing is great for organizing. I believe the Mariner has fold down shelves in the closet that were great for separating everyone's clothes. Definitely pack lite and have a great trip!

I have done 4 in a room in an inside with the fold down beds from the wall or ceiling and have done 4 in a room with the flip out couch in a D1 and much prefer the fold down wall/ceiling beds. In a D1 once the couch is folded out there is very little floor space. You should be fine with an Cat I. There is alot of storage space in an RCL ship for all that little stuff. You will have enough space for all of your clothes the trick is for everyone to be neat and organized, and scheduling showers/dress up time.. Have fun

I think every family can be different, it all depends on how well you tolerate each other. It's a small space for 4 people to be in together, we've done it a couple of times with our kids. Our kids are both teens now and if we can only afford one cabin, we don't go, it's just not worth it to us.

If there is any way possible to get a cabin across the hall for the kids, or another OV next to yours, do it. I disagree that you're not in your cabin enough to make a difference, the sleeping part is easier than the awake part. It's pretty much like trying to exist in a walk-in closet together for the week, of course not 24/7, but there are crucial times.

If you have no other choice then pack very light, there is not much drawer space and the closet isn't much larger than a coat closet. Don't let the girls take a lot of shoes, if they are like my teen, shoes are all over the floor. Agree on one type of shared toiletries (those that can be shared) like shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, etc... My husband did go to the spa a few times to shower before dinner, it helped a bit.

An over the door organizer works well for that many people sharing a cabin, a cheap plastic one with see through pockets. We used one for hairbrushes, flip flops, bottles of sunscreen, papers, one pocket held only seapass cards...anything that will clutter up the cabin desk top. We hung it on the outside of the bathroom door, most cabin bathrooms don't have a place to hang them inside.

Discuss rules and make a schedule with the girls in advance, don't leave anything to surprise. It's doable, but it sure isn't the same as having a little space and privacy....and two bathrooms :)

Do the math and then decide on the QUALITY of your vacation. One thing with 4 friends, but I take it you are with your spouse.... any romantic ideas will not happen with kids there. Get the kids an inside cabin across or near to you. The price difference is not much more...usually under 300$ and for 300$ I am not having my kids under foot (literally). I cannot stand it when they visit our cabin while I am getting ready...way to small.

Archived