Best time to go to Bermuda

Italy52

Have never been to Bermuda but have heard it is beautiful. Couple of Questions:

What is the best weather month to go to Bermuda?

Is there enough to keep you busy if you take NCL (more days) rather than RC (fewer days)?

Many thanks for your help.

The "official" tourism season in Bermuda is April to October. We've been in October and June. We prefer the summer months because it's warmer. But, we always go early in the season for a lesser hurricane chance. We are sailing on NCL Dawn June 8th this year (3rd time to Bermuda, 3rd time on this ship). There is PLENTY to do in Bermuda for 3 days. We're not sure we'll even be able to everything we want to: Helmet Dive, Crystal Caves, Zoo, Swizzle Inn, Frog and Onion, White Horse, Pirates Show, shopping in Hamilton and King's Warf, Beach day in St. George's, etc., etc., etc. If it were me, I'd opt for the longer time on the island.

Bermuda is beautiful and definitely worth spending 3 days there. As far as when's the best time ... weather is unpredictable.

If swimming is a priority wait until summer since Bermuda is not in the Caribbean and the water will be too cold until summer months.

Although big storms can happen at any time the general consensus is that Sept-Nov. your chances are greater at having a stormy voyage

I have been nearly every month of the year and INHO October is the very best. Days are warm and long, evenings cool down a bit, but not so much that you need a jacket!!

Bermudians don't swim till the end of May (used to be Queen's Birthday, now it's Bermuda Day--it's right around Memorial Day), but I live in NY and we swim in Bermuda in April and it is still warmer than the ocean gets here even in August!!

I do not care for July & August--hot, humid, crowded and the ocean water is so warm it is not refreshing.

Again, living in NY I still swim in Bermuda in November--one time we stayed at the beach till later afternoon--forgetting daylight savings time was over, and the sun was already going down and we were riding the scooters in shorts and it was darn chilly!!

As for hurricanes--the hurricane season starts in spring and ends in November--what can you do???

ENJOY it whenever you go!!

We've been May, June, July & August and enjoyed June the best. As Brzymom stated we also found July & August to be too humid. We're used to the humidity (being from NJ) in the summer but it seemed way more stifling.

A couple of years ago we went in early May and although our weather wasn't the greatest only 1 1/2 days of sun we still did the snorkeling excursions and went to Horseshoe Bay and had a great time. The water was cool but enjoyable to us.

I would definitely do the longer time in Bermuda. We've been there 5 times and I can't wait to go back again. Besides the beaches you can do a lot of side visits. The crystal caves and cool, going to St. George's is beautiful, even taking a bus ride from one end of the island to the other is beautiful.

Go and enjoy.

• 3 weeks later...

I definitely would go for the more days....Bermuda is beautiful and you will find a lot to do...you probably will not have enough time to do every thing...We are thinking about going back next year on NCL...I am not too fond of NCL but they are the only cruise line that stays in Bermuda the most time...so I figured that I would suck it up and go on NCL for the chance to spend almost 3 days in Bermuda...this will be my 5th time there... We have gone in September and never had any problem with weather but I see that there are no cruises in September out of NY to Bermuda...So we might try June...:D

Bermuda is great in September, if you miss the hurricanes. I was there in November one time and did some cool swimming in the ocean and warmer swimming in a pool. Still, Bermuda has a very comfortable climate.

Archived