Who Has Booked Alaska for '09???

Host Caroline

We are booked on the Diamond Princess May 23 Northbound out of Vancouver. This will be our first experience on a Princess ship and we are a little bit nervous and excited. We normally sail on RCCL and Celebrity. We decided after doing some research on CC that HAL or Princess were the 2 best for Alaska. We did not go with HAL because they would not book a balcony cabin unless we booked a land tour with them. We are doing an independent land tour. So, we opted for Princess with a mini suite for a very good rate. We also heard that RCCL does not go to Glacier Bay so that was also a part of our decision. We have lots of planning and decisions to make yet but we are excited!!!:D

I am on the Diamond Princess on May 23 out of Vancouver. I have never been to Alaska and only have done one previous cruise. I have never been on Princess.

We are joining all the 09 Alaska cruisers!! YAY We are on the Island Princess 7-27-09. We will be celebrating our 5th anniversary 7-31 while in Juneau whale watching. How great is that?!

This will be our first time cruising, my first time to fly, first time to see the ocean, my first whales (can't wait, can't wait, can't wait). Lots of firsts all rolled into one awesome, much anticipated trip!!!!:D:D:D

From the comment made by 25th aniv, about expectations. I would like to say I have none. No kidding....I have planned, and read and looked at pictures, and it all just adds to the anticipation, but my only expectation is that it will be wonderful. Maybe I have tried not to set expectations, and partly because my sister would not participate in any of my research or planning until a few months ago. So, other than CC, I was all alone, so I think that helped to not create expectations. I do expect it to rain. Period. When it rains at home, I just walk in it, or grab my rainjacket, and try to enjoy it for what it is and think it may very well be just like this in Alaska. If I didn't still work 48 hours a week, and come home exhausted every night I might be in a different space. Right now the excitement is building in a slow spiral upward!!

From the comment made by 25th aniv, about expectations. I would like to say I have none. No kidding....I have planned, and read and looked at pictures, and it all just adds to the anticipation, but my only expectation is that it will be wonderful. Maybe I have tried not to set expectations, and partly because my sister would not participate in any of my research or planning until a few months ago. So, other than CC, I was all alone, so I think that helped to not create expectations. I do expect it to rain. Period. When it rains at home, I just walk in it, or grab my rainjacket, and try to enjoy it for what it is and think it may very well be just like this in Alaska. If I didn't still work 48 hours a week, and come home exhausted every night I might be in a different space. Right now the excitement is building in a slow spiral upward!!

Well said, my dear!

Archived