Who Has Booked Alaska for '09???

Host Caroline

You will have a great time:) .. actual NCL was my first choice due to Freestyle cruising which IMHO is "perfect" in Alaska but the port times worked better on Golden Princess and DH has never been to Tracy Arm. Also since I am "elite" past pax with Princess we get our laundry done free and free booze.. the laundry deal in Alaska is esp. a great perk with all these weight and suitcase restrictions on planes now = why we drive to our east coast cruises.

I'm counting the days! Our last, and only, cruise was on RCCL to Alaska in 2001. Great trip, but I'm excited about having a balcony this time.

Booked RCI Radiance, southbound, leaving July 24th 2009. We are going to do the cruise tour that leaves July 18.

This will be our first trip to Alaska and our first trip without our DS who will be off to college.

Denise

One week ago today we booked Coral Princess for August 25, 2009. So excited! Just decided we were going to do it instead of waiting for retirement and the years to catch us. There are just to many older people we know that waited ...... to long! And now they can't! I want to see it with my soul mate!

I so agree about not waiting until retirement. Some of us have to plan far in advance, and also save save save for months/years to afford a cruise on a week to week paycheck. I have 5 weeks paid vacation, and as long as i work, I know how far that paycheck will go, and how much I can save. If I wait for retirement, and all those "surprise" expenses, I don't know if I will ever be able to go on a cruise again. This one may be my last "hurrah" of sorts, because I plan on retiring, either right after I return, or the following January. If I can travel after that, great, still want to see the Grand Canyon, but I always wanted to see Alaska, and I am so grateful that, the fates willing, I will be able to do it in 2009!!

I just remarried after almost 30 years on St Paddy's day '06... we are both 60. I had a friend who passed away of cancer at age 40 about ten years ago wishing she had done so many things she could have afforded to do.. i do not believe in waiting for retirement... we will cruise a couple of times a year after we retire in 2 years or so but they will be cheapies (inside cabins, last minute specials, etc.)... but if something happens and we can't travel then.. I have 25 years of cruising memories in pictures and will have about 10 cruises with my new DH to remember... and not be sitting there wishing...

okay enough of that..!!! a Year from today we will be in KETCHIKAN ... and i won't be doing trial prep like I am today albeit on the deck in gorgeous weather..

We did southbound after our 5 day Denali thing last year and definitely prefer .. those of you who booked that way on cruisetours or are renting a car will appreicate that first day at sea to "regroup".. sleep in or whatever.. very relaxing as land part can be kind of hectic..Most of my clients when I was a TA prefered that so I took their advice when it was my turn

We're planning an Alaska tour in 2009 prior to a cruise to Vancouver with Princess. If we do our own travel arrangements ie Air, how do you join the cruise tour if air has been included by others on the same tour?

Am I on the right thread for this question as it relates to Alaska '09?

Colin:) :) (In anticipation!!)

The actual "tour" will begin in Anchorage or Fairbanks.. you just meet the rest of the folks at the hotel being sure to book your air with delay time etc. built in.. there was a very desperate lady at the Alaska Air counter in Seattle when we were getting our seats who had been trying w/ no luck to get to Fairbanks to meet a tour and her firends for a day after missing a connection in Detriot or somewhere... The folks who book air with the cruiseline will just be at the hotel when you arrive.. Actually booking your own air can be a better move bec. you have flexibiity to go a day early etc. w/out an extra charge which the cruise line will add on for special flight requests.

We are booked for August 25, 2009 Coral Princess. We have four cabins booked so far. It will be the first trip for all 8 of us. We are doing a land tour first then the sea cruise. Reading all I can, watching anything about Alaska on TV, planning, planning...... Lordy! This is so fun.

We are booked on Sapphire Princess sailing southbound from Whittier on 08/29/09. Prior to the cruise we are doing a 6 day land tour (Princess Tour #FB5). This will be our third Alaska cruise, but the first with a land tour.

Rosanne and Dave

It appears that we are on the "Alaska every 4 years plan" :)

Honest - the first trip was suppose to to be that once in a lifetime trip...

We're hooked.

We are going on the NCL Pearl (need to see Glacier Bay!) June 2009.

We've just booked a northbound cruise on Coral Princess for June 15th, 2009. We're excited, nervous, and we have just a bit of trepidation given some of the negatives we're reading about Princess, but we're hoping that a good attitude and lots of planning will help. We've booked a post-cruise land tour with the Copper River itinerary: 2 nights in Copper River, 2 nights in Denali, 1 night Princess Wilderness near Talkeetna, and 1 night Anchorage. Anyone have any experience with the Copper River area? We already feel that we've learned so much from reading these boards -- thanks to all the experienced cruisers who contribute!

We are booked on the Coral Princess for the southbound sailing on July 6, 2009.

We did the exact same cruise in 2003. This time we hoping to spend a few extra days touring prior to our cruise.

Archived