Photographers

lilrngrfan

I have quite a few questions about the photographers that are on board the ship. My family and I are going on our first cruise in June and we have picked out some great dresses and suites for the formal nights on the ship. The only thing is that me and my DB do not usually dress up for any kind of events. My parents are wanting to get singles of me and my brother by our selves on the ship and maybe then just me and my brother. Is there a way that this could be arranged because I would love to give these to the grandparents for Christmas? If this is arranged what are the price range for them?:confused: :confused:

My last question about the photographers do they have alot of them that go with every group to the excursions because i would love to get pictures of these for my scrapbook that I will be making after I get back.

I have quite a few questions about the photographers that are on board the ship. My family and I are going on our first cruise in June and we have picked out some great dresses and suites for the formal nights on the ship. The only thing is that me and my DB do not usually dress up for any kind of events. My parents are wanting to get singles of me and my brother by our selves on the ship and maybe then just me and my brother. Is there a way that this could be arranged because I would love to give these to the grandparents for Christmas? If this is arranged what are the price range for them?:confused: :confused:

My last question about the photographers do they have alot of them that go with every group to the excursions because i would love to get pictures of these for my scrapbook that I will be making after I get back.

All throughout your cruise you will run into the photographers taking pictures on the ship. In the evenings they will set up all kinds of backdrops that you can choose from to take pictures.

You and your brother can take pictures together and they will eventually separate the two of you and take individual pictures of each of you. Take as many pictures as possible - they are free for the taking. Then the next day, go to the photo gallery and select your best shots! It's that simple.

I have never heard of a photographer following people on an excursion. However, the ship will choose a few execursions to send a videographer on and that way the execursion will be on the ship video that you can purchase on the last few days of the cruise.

Hope this helps and may you have smooth sailings and a happy cruise :D

I was just on the Glory earlier this month and saw the photographers taking pictures of everything from one person to big groups. Not sure if ther is a price difference for a one person shot compared to a couple shot. We paid about $22 or $24 for one photograph of us two on a formal night. As far as photographers on shore excursion. I have never seen a still picture photographer on shore excursion but on some excursions they do have a videographer that they put on to a DVD called fun ship films or something like that. Hope that helps

There are photographers everywhere on formal night...with several backgrounds to choose from. You can take as many shots as you wish with whatever combo of people you want. An 8x10 is around $22. Then you can add on 2-5x7's for like $12 more. The casual photos they take throughout the cruise are like $10-$12 each for 5x7 or 6x9 size. And frames and albums are reasonable as well. I don't remember any photographer going with us on excursion...I'd bring my own camera for that.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that 8x10 photos are approx. $20 a piece, no sitting fees.

You can print a photo waiver from Carnival (I'm sure someone has a copy of it around here..) so that you can make copies of the pics that you do decide to purchase, once you get home.

I'm planning on buying a few nice pics from formal nights and possibly the sail away pic with the ship name etc (if it's not fugly), and will make copies to give to our parents and grandparents.:)

There are so many photo opts around the ship, you will have tons to choose from. They will most likely have individual shots in the dining room with a pirate, outside the restaurant with a dancer, possible shots with Funship Freddy and on the day you leave they are up on deck taking pictures there too. If you want yours taken, just ask them if you see one near by or they will just come to you. The backdrop pictures are great and are printed in 8x10. They are around 22.95 but where can you have a professional picture taken for that. You can buy one and take it home and make copies at CVS or Walmart with a photo release. Pictures do make great gifts. You can also take your own around the ship too of each other in different areas of the ship. Go have a great time and be prepared to smile A LOT!!!

I remembered where I had found the photo release. seauonboard .com This website has a lot of good first time cruiser info, and if you scroll down on the L side you'll see the photo release link.

Have sailing! :)

I seem to recall reading somewhere that 8x10 photos are approx. $20 a piece, no sitting fees.

You can print a photo waiver from Carnival (I'm sure someone has a copy of it around here..) so that you can make copies of the pics that you do decide to purchase, once you get home.

I'm planning on buying a few nice pics from formal nights and possibly the sail away pic with the ship name etc (if it's not fugly), and will make copies to give to our parents and grandparents.:)

Photo release:

http://www.seauonboard.com/Photo%20Release.htm

;)

Archived