? about AirTran

Sue (mom of 3 boys!)

just keep checking the web site every couple days....we have flown air tran the last couple years for spring break and i have bought the tix as soon as they come available and keep an eye on them as you are....the discount coach tix will come up probably within a week or two at the most.

Hi Sue. Thanks for posting this message and letting me know that they had at least started to post those later Feb dates informaton. As Dpeeps said, the economy and web fares usually show up sometime within two weeks if they're not showing immediately.

We bought our tickets for Dec.(Pittsburgh-Fort Laud)a couple weeks ago. $59 each way was to cheap to pass up. We love airtran, and have upgraded to first class many times when we arrive at the airport for little money. Have a great trip. Janice

I just checked the Airtran website and they still haven't released their later Feb web or discount fares there yet but if you look on Expedia they are showing Airtrans discount fares so you should be able to get a better idea of the fares you'll be looking at when Airtran does finally release them on their own website. Mine from FLL to Buf on Feb 13th looks like there should be some fairly good rates but not certain I'm happy with the times.

I just checked the Airtran website and they still haven't released their later Feb web or discount fares there yet but if you look on Expedia they are showing Airtrans discount fares so you should be able to get a better idea of the fares you'll be looking at when Airtran does finally release them on their own website. Mine from FLL to Buf on Feb 13th looks like there should be some fairly good rates but not certain I'm happy with the times.

how is it possible to book on expedia if rates aren't open yet?

The airtran site shows just business class and some advance purchase, but the lowest 3 rates aren't up yet. I'm confused:confuseEDIT: I just checked expedia. The lower rates involve a 15 hour flight, yikes! The other rates seem to line up with what's on AirTran's site. Hopefully they release rates soon, so I can decide what to do.

I've not seen this myself before either, although maybe I've just missed it, but for some reason they are on Expedia (but remember they charge a $7 booking fee) to be booked but not yet up on Airtran's website. Makes me think we should see them on Airtran very soon.

I've rarely booked on Expedia because they do charge a fee that the airlines sites don't, but I do find it a good place to quickly see what different airlines rates are doing. Althought they don't show JetBlue which I like to fly.

I've not seen this myself before either, although maybe I've just missed it, but for some reason they are on Expedia (but remember they charge a $7 booking fee) to be booked but not yet up on Airtran's website. Makes me think we should see them on Airtran very soon.

I've rarely booked on Expedia because they do charge a fee that the airlines sites don't, but I do find it a good place to quickly see what different airlines rates are doing. Althought they don't show JetBlue which I like to fly.

I'm going to just keep checking AirTran and JetBlue. Whichever of the two has a "reasonable" fare the soonest gets my money:rolleyes: At least we got a good fare going down. If we have to pay more than we'd like, that will take the sting out (at least a little bit).

BTW-Our fare we booked on Thursday for the trip down has doubled already.

Sue.

Saturday, I had lunch with the VP of operations for AirTran. (hot dogs, lol)

I didn't know him before. I seriously doubt that he could tell you what the cost of air travel would be three months from now. Delightful fellow.

Archived