Around the Seabourn Water Cooler... Off topic and fun posts here!- Updated

Host Dan

Me again. Another popular Seabourn port. One of my personal favorites, too.

http://travel.nytimes.com/2013/09/15/travel/36-hours-in-buenos-aires.html?ref=travel&_r=0

Thank you, Jane! This arrives at the perfect time. Buenos Aires is at the top of my bucket list and we will be there this December. Not on Seabourn, alas, but on Regent Seven Seas. Our first cruise on Regent; it will be interesting to see how the two cruise lines compare.

Thanks again for all your interesting and informative posts.

I was on the Pride around SA and there was a private tour option from Ushuia to BA, thereby missing 5 days of potentially wonky seas. Another couple got off and went to Barriloche (or however it's spelled) but I was the only one for BA. Had private tours and wonderful shopping and tango shows and a way too brief overnight at a Polo Ranch with handsome gauchos swaggering about with machetes. Divine. Could stay a week there. It's a long way from Philly. Hope you are there overnight!

I was on the Pride around SA and there was a private tour option from Ushuia to BA, thereby missing 5 days of potentially wonky seas. Another couple got off and went to Barriloche (or however it's spelled) but I was the only one for BA. Had private tours and wonderful shopping and tango shows and a way too brief overnight at a Polo Ranch with handsome gauchos swaggering about with machetes. Divine. Could stay a week there. It's a long way from Philly. Hope you are there overnight!

We will be there for four days pre-cruise plus overnight on the ship. I am really looking forward to it!!

I would have no hesitation recommending Pablo Piera, he was fantastic, speaks fluent English and was great fun. He has a website which has lots of useful tips for planning a stay in B.A.

http://www.yourfriendinbsas.com.ar/useful_data_332.htm

Thanks for the tip. We have booked a day with Pablo when we are in BA next January.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Seadream board has a new topic regarding Pam Conover: she has resigned her post of less than a year as president of Seadream. Apparently, as reported in the Norwegian press (also posted in both Norwegian and English) Arne Brynsted has declared bankruptcy for his holdings, which include Seadream. The next few days should be interesting regarding Seadream's future--or non-future.

The Seadream board has a new topic regarding Pam Conover: she has resigned her post of less than a year as president of Seadream. Apparently, as reported in the Norwegian press (also posted in both Norwegian and English) Arne Brynsted has declared bankruptcy for his holdings, which include Seadream. The next few days should be interesting regarding Seadream's future--or non-future.

It will be very interesting to follow the future of the Seadream ships.

It would be excellent if Pam Conover came back to Seabourn; I felt that she fitted in with Seabourn much better than Seadream, and was a real asset.

• 7 months later...

We received an email about this cruise last week. We would love to have done it, but it is just not enough notice for us. I wish it had been announced earlier, or was it and we missed it!