Walki Talkis

lilrngrfan

We have always used walkie talkies on the ship. We often travel in large groups, and it's a quick way to find someone. Also, on our last cruise, my mother, who is wheelchair bound and on oxygen, was able to live vicariously through us while she stayed back in their balcony room. She loved listening to our conversation, and it kept her company too. It came in handy with our son when he was 10 and was all over the ship. :D

The last cruise we did was only a wknd cruise to Bahamas, so I didn't pack them b/c I figured we'd all be doing the same excursion & wouldn't need them, guess what....

I got separated from the group & needed them.

Yes, I had my cell phone, but didn't do much good, b/c none of the others in our group had theirs.:rolleyes:

Needless to say...No matter how short or long the cruise is, we will definately have walki-talkies.:)

hi rockee,

Thanks for the information about the radio. i was not sure which brand and type of radio to purchase that would work well on a ship. Just purchased this set (Midland GXT808VP3 22 Channel Two Way Radio with up to 26-Mile Range) from buy.com for 51.00 shipped.

I just bought a 4 pack of Cobra's on ebay. I hope they work out okay but if not, my kids are teens so it won't be really bad if they don't work, just convenient if they do.

They say they have 8 mile range, 22 channels and 38 subchannels so I hope they work out okay. Features vibration alert and VOX voice activated hands free activation. Anybody have these that can comment or did I just waste my $?

The thing with teens if they have their walkies on and if they can hear. There are places that are very loud, such as the O2 club..LOL

I suggest testing out the walkies on the first day to see the range. Also, have the kids call BEFORE going into the club or any place very loud.

Archived