I feel dumb asking this but ...

GreetThisDo

do the windows in the ocean view cabins open? I am very new to cruising and have only stayed in an inside stateroom.

Please, don't feel dumb when you ask a question.

But, do have a good sense of humor about some of the responses. ;)

Enjoy your view!

On the Miracle the 5A catagory has french doors that open with a railing. These are obstructed view ocean view cabins, however, we enjoyed being able to open the doors and smell the sea air. These are the only "ocean view" cabins that have opening doors that I know of but keep in mind there is a life boat in front of you.

But, do have a good sense of humor about some of the responses. ;)
You mean like.............

Yes, but there are no screens so beware of seabugs!verrueckt022.gif

or

Yes, but the latches are very hard to find. 405.gif

Seriously..... Be careful. After you have an ocean view, you'll want a balcony. After a balcony, you'll want a corner wrap balcony. After that, you'll want a suite! It becomes very addictive! But, it's a good addiction. lookaround.gif

do the windows in the ocean view cabins open? I am very new to cruising and have only stayed in an inside stateroom.

There have been some pretty dumb questions on the board, but that is not one of them. A lot of people wonder that and as far as I know Carnival does not even mention it. I am sure those with a outside Stateroom wish they would. You can get that wonderful sea air in the room.

Go balcony. You'll never go back to an inside!

Not me, had a balcony on my first cruise, it was nice, but the next two cruises were oceanview and we didn't suffer one bit. We're trying inside for our next cruise. I dislike cabins anyway, too small, messy husband and daughter. The suites do look nice, maybe some day.

You guys are a riot! My kind of peeps!:D

On our one and only cruise so far - we were in our room so little that I am even questioning the additional expense for a window. But the thought of the sights and sounds of the sea right in the room are very tempting. I guess I will be springing for a balcony then.

As for addicting - shoot - I have decided I have to figure out a way to LIVE on a cruise ship!

Seriously..... Be careful. After you have an ocean view, you'll want a balcony. After a balcony, you'll want a corner wrap balcony. After that, you'll want a suite! It becomes very addictive! But, it's a good addiction. lookaround.gif

I hear that!!!!!:eek: :p :D

That's not a stupid question at all. We're going on our second cruise in November on the Legend, and since we had an inside room on our first cruise, I didn't know the answer to that question either. I had to ask a co-worker whose been on a few cruises. If they did open, we would have considered that instead of a balcony. But we got an extended balcony, and I have a feeling I'm going to LOVE it!

You guys are a riot! My kind of peeps!:D

On our one and only cruise so far - we were in our room so little that I am even questioning the additional expense for a window. But the thought of the sights and sounds of the sea right in the room are very tempting. I guess I will be springing for a balcony then.

As for addicting - shoot - I have decided I have to figure out a way to LIVE on a cruise ship!

Live on a ship!

www.aboardtheworld.com

IN rough seas you could get spray up on the balcony. When we rode the NCL Pearl from Southampton to Miami, we had 6 in th Garden Villa on the top floor. Granted we went through equivalent of a Cat 5 winds in a North Atlantic Storm for 2 days, but we had spray coming up on the very top floor. When you watch the TV with the bridge cam, it was either nothing by sea or nothing but sky. The coolest part was watching the bow cam and see the ship splash into the ocean and then see the effects pass by the balcony.

Archived