SS Cristobal

I know this is a long shot, but after decades of searching, I found this article in the July 20, 1951 edition of the Panama American newspaper: "LITTLE BALL STARS: At 6:45 this morning, the 776th Air Force Band from Albrook Air Force Base hailed a musical farewell to the Pacific Little League All-Star team at the Balboa Railroad Station. The team sailed aboard the S.S. Cristobal at 10am bound for the United States where they play their first game in Lyndhurst, NJ."   My oldest brother was on that Little League team and made the journey with them to the US.  Just wondering if anyone has photos of the SS Cristobal from that 1950's time period.  Thanks so much!

1 hour ago, kwalker6856 said:

Just wondering if anyone has photos of the SS Cristobal from that 1950's time period.  Thanks so much!

The Wolfsonian collection has quite a varied assortment of printed materials online. Here is a link to the Panama Line ships, originally published in the 1948, I believe.

Rob

https://digital.wolfsonian.org/WOLF039970/00001/1j?search=cristobal

• 9 months later...

Shannon J, and Varua, - granted this is 10 years after your posts..., but

Varua, are you Louis, Clark, or Mike? Mike wrote an excellent account of this voyage where the three young men, in 1976, meet Capt Jenson - Mike's book was published this year- called Taken by the Wind.  When I came to the part where Mike writes in his book about meeting Capt Jenson, and Cristobola, I was curious and googled it and that's how I found this site and your posts.  Fair winds to all.