Crown Princess-Carribean-Port or Starboard Please?

LolaBunny

Okay we just booked the Crown Princess for January 18, 2009. We are soooo excited. We booked a port side room, but now I am thinking starboard might be a better choice given the itinerary.

Please tell me your opinion and why. Thanks so much!!!

What ports are you going to? We did the southern Carib this past April and were port side- I think every port we were facing town. Last year we did the eastern Carib and were starboard. We much prefer port.

Port side you are leaving from Ft Lauderdale and can wave to the people that will be in their backyards and on the beach blowing their airhorns wishing you well. On the starboard side there is nothing but the port.

What ports are you going to? We did the southern Carib this past April and were port side- I think every port we were facing town. Last year we did the eastern Carib and were starboard. We much prefer port.

We are leaving Ft Lauderdale- first stop Bahamas, next St.Marten, then St. Thomas and finally Grand Turk returning to Ft Lauderdale.

Right now we are booked on the Port side, but their computer was ranking starboard rooms above the port not sure if that was just because those might have been slightly more center than the port rooms.

We were on the CB in January, same itinerary. We were ont he port side and had much better views for that particular sailing. In St. Maarten, we were facing the harbor. In St. Thomas we were also facing the harbor (although we were docked in Havensight, not in Crown Bay - where I understand you will likely be docked now) and got beautiful pictures of a rainbow from our balcony after a small drizzle. Grand Turk - it should not matter if you are the only ship in port for that day - but if you want to see the action on the beach and the buildings, the port side would be better - if you are the only ship in port. If there are two ships in port in GT, it would depend in what position you are docked in. We didn't stop in the Bahamas, so I can't comment there.

94100504_Rainbowresizedpicture.jpg.515a762c2ed7f4f440d1f93666166fca.jpg

ColoCruiser: Please tell us why you like the starboard side better. We are sailing on the Emerald next spring and we are on the starboard side too!

Seems that the pier was on that side for the majority.

I prefer that side.

But you just never know.

Some people may think the water side view while docked may be better. :)

Archived