Cruise Booking Trave Agent Vs. Online

Cooks_Bay

I see so many people on these boards making reference to their "Travel Agent"? Is there an advantage to using a TA vs. making a reservation online? I havn't used a travel agent in over 10 years and it's pretty much a dying business. It's just so easy to book flights or trips direct or by utilizing a go-between like Expedia or Travelocity. What's the reason for using a TA?

What you refer to as a go between is what is called a TA (travel agent) and we arent supposed to name any on this site. Guess its too late to edit your question though. Just because they are online doesnt mean they are not full travel agents.

The reason for using them is because they may offer a discount or OBC to what you could get directly from the cruiseline. If you arent getting anything to book with them, then book thru the cruiseline. You can always transfer the booking later if you find something being offered.

If you don't know the area you will be visiting, or have some tricky connections, or just don't have the time to devote to research, a travel agent can be invaluable.

If you've "been there, done that", then it's pretty easy to take care of arrangements on your own.

Aside from a possible "incentive" from a travel agent, there's no real need to use one!

What you refer to as a go between is what is called a TA (travel agent) and we arent supposed to name any on this site. Guess its too late to edit your question though. Just because they are online doesnt mean they are not full travel agents.

The reason for using them is because they may offer a discount or OBC to what you could get directly from the cruiseline. If you arent getting anything to book with them, then book thru the cruiseline. You can always transfer the booking later if you find something being offered.

My apologies firefly333, I have always thought of a TA as a person that you speak with directly. I was unaware that names could not be mentioned. I will take time to review all of the posting rules. As you can see by my number of posts, I'm new here.

Archived