Transport from FCO to Rome cruise ship port

Does anyone have the contact info and/or name of a good, reasonably priced service to transport three ladies and their luggage and and from the Rome airport to their cruise ship? We also might use them for a 1 day tour of the highlights of Rome, but we are trying to keep on budget.

Also- if our flight arrives at noon and the ship sails at 6pm...will we have enough time for customs, baggage claim, transport to the ship etc??

Anyone looking to share a van ride for the Oct 3rd Celebrity Galaxy cruise leaving Rome- please let me know.

Depending on traffic, it takes about 1 hour and ten minutes from FCO to Civitavecchia. Having taken the Galaxy into Rome (or Civitavecchia), I have to ask, is there any reason why you didn't try to get ships transfers? There are many good transfer services and you will find many by typing in "transport to Civitavecchia" at yahoo.com. You'll find the majority all charge the same rate. We used ships transfers and they were quite reasonable especially since cost was in dollars!

I would advise that you head straight to the pier from the airport. You should be fine time-wise! Have a great cruise! :)

You could take the train, but schlepping luggage and the train doesn't sound like fun to me. With the poor exchange rate for the US dollar against the Euro, there might not be much of anything in terms of inexpensive in the Rome area. I have to agree with the previous poster who recommended the ship's transfer. They will meet you at baggage claim, assist you with your bags, and get you to the port.

If you still want to go private, with three passengers and luggage, you'll need a larger vehicle, which are not easy to come by in Europe. I did a private transfer from the port to FCO and the cost was $243 USD, but that was two years ago---it's a lot higher now.

Google "transfers from FCO to Civitivecchia" and see what's out there for you.

I highly recommend Bob's Limousine Service in Rome. He is a New Yorker who has been running his service there for about 20 years, I think. We used it in 3 different ports in Italy. They give wonderful customer service and each of their drivers was absolutely fabulous. It's been almost 2years since we used it but I doubt anything has changed.

I am sure they can accommodate not only your transport to the ship but the tour. Divided 3 ways may be cheaper than ship transfers. We especially enjoyed our Tuscany tour with them; our driver was David. 4 of us went for about a little bit more than the cruise ship was charging for 1 person. I found them by reading this board before we left on the Med. trip. Good luck and have a great time on your cruise.

Last few years I transferred from FCO to the ship with Fabrizio from allarounditaly.net. Great service at a reasonable price!!

I looked:

"From Rome to:

1-2 pax

4-8 pax

FCO Airport

60 €

80 €

Civitavecchia Port

160 €

200 €

Train Station

50 €

65 €

Florence

450 €

500 €

Assisi

400 €

460 €

Positano

430 €

480 €

Sorrento

430 €

480 €

Naples

400 €

450 €

Venice

650 €

850 €

Port to Airport:

1-2 pax

4-8 pax

Civitavecchia to FCO

160 €

200 €

FCO to CIvitavecchia

160 €

200 €

Conditions: Quotation of personalized tours available upon request. Prices include tolls, parking, luggage handling. Above prices are expressed in EUROS. Payments should be in cash Euros or Travelers checks (Euros)."

I am for sure behind the times and surprised to see the rate from airport to port at 160 Euros. That seems steep to me.

Does anyone have the contact info and/or name of a good, reasonably priced service to transport three ladies and their luggage and and from the Rome airport to their cruise ship? We also might use them for a 1 day tour of the highlights of Rome, but we are trying to keep on budget.

Also- if our flight arrives at noon and the ship sails at 6pm...will we have enough time for customs, baggage claim, transport to the ship etc??

Anyone looking to share a van ride for the Oct 3rd Celebrity Galaxy cruise leaving Rome- please let me know.

Hi Pecangirl,

Try Roma Shuttle dot com. We were quoted 140 euros for 6 people from the port to the hotel in Rome (airport might be a little further). This equates to around $36 per person which is pretty reasonable. Maybe you can post something on your CC thread to see if anyone else will be arriving on the same day and can share the ride with you. That's how I found our information!

Laurie

Just one word of warning if you haven't booked your flight yet . . . STRIKES!!

Last year in May we had a flight from Heathrow to Rome at 9.00 am. Ship was leaving Civitavecchia at 8pm that night - plenty of time you think?? The air traffic controllers in Rome went on strike AS we were in the queue at Heathrow waiting to check in at 6.45am. By the time we got to the check-in counter we were told there was nothing they could do - it happens all the time - and we would be better to try to make our own arrangements to get there as they couldn't guarantee another flight for us for another 2 days!!

My son, who lives in London, got us a flight on Brussels air which left at 8pm that night and was at an additional full fare cost 750 pounds! We, along with quite a few others, missed the sailing. We arrived in Rome at 11.00pm that night, had the cost of a hotel and an extra 600euro for a driver to take us to Amalfi, the next port of call.

I would NEVER arrive on the same day as the ship sails again if the word Rome is involved.

There are so many companies, with the names so similar, but I liked the looks of this one because they use a van. You can either book just the 3 of you, or go to your roll call and see if anyone else is arriving the same day and could share the van.

http://www.romashuttleairport.it/

Have you given any thought to changing your flights and arriving the day before your ship leaves. With such a long flight, and you must have a connection somewhere, I'd be really worried I wouldn't make the ship on time.

We are actually arriving in Rome 3 days pre-cruise, as I didn't want to take a chance with the International flight.

have a great trip whatever you decide to do.

Hi Pecangirl,

We are also from Milwaukee! Franklin really:D We have been to Rome several times. The cheapest and most direct route seems to always be Midwest Airlines to Philly, then USAirways to Rome. You arrive in Rome at 8:30am. The recent rules require you to arrive at the ship by 5pm

Email me for guide recommendations or touring possibilities on the way to port.

There are so many companies, with the names so similar, but I liked the looks of this one because they use a van. You can either book just the 3 of you, or go to your roll call and see if anyone else is arriving the same day and could share the van.

http://www.romashuttleairport.it/

We just returned from our Med cruise and I can highly recommend RomaShuttles. They picked us up at the pier and took us to the airport. The trip took 50 min and cost about 23€pp for 12 of us. The van was there before the scheduled time and big enough for all us and our luggage.

Believe it or not we have changed our plans and are now going to be sailing September 24-October 4th on Holland America...but all of my questions still apply.

Thank you all so much for your help and suggestions! If anyone knows of any decent, inexpensive hotels in Rome- that would be much appreciated also.

Believe it or not we have changed our plans and are now going to be sailing September 24-October 4th on Holland America...but all of my questions still apply.

Thank you all so much for your help and suggestions! If anyone knows of any decent, inexpensive hotels in Rome- that would be much appreciated also.

Inexpensive hotels in Rome doesn't really go together. There is expensive and then there is super expensive.

I found this site through another poster on these boards. Don't let the title scare you, you don't have to be Catholic to stay at these hotels run by nuns. Very few have websites, most of them you have to email. There are about 3 I was thinking of, but settled on Domus Aurelia. They were super nice in answering my questions re: smoking, twin beds and an elevator. Even changed my reservation from 2 nights to 3 nights with no problem, once I made bought my airfare, had to make the change.

http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/guest.htm

Have fun planning, then taking your trip, you won't be disappointed with HAL, they are as good if not better than Celebrity. IMO.

Archived