Dune Buggy excursion - Can I drive?

john&ellen

Last April, there was a buggy in our group with 2 people in it. There were also 2 or 3 buggies with 3.

In May my son went and he and his wife had to pair up with another couple for the buggy ride. One person drove there and another on the way back.

It may depend on how many people have booked the excursion.

• 3 years later...

Dune Buggy excursion Don't book via the cruise lines. You tell the operators what YOU want and more importantly what YOU will pay for! If they think you will let them get away with sending another couple with you,Just let them know you only plan on paying half the reg rate. They change thier view quickly. We had 4 couples and we all had a buggy. The operators filled a cooler with beer loaded it on the back of the buggy, said enjoy and reminded us they had no DUI laws! No guide....so the guys had a blast! I would have to check to see what company this was. You can also rent directly from a dealer and save money. However, I bet they don't provide a cooler full of beer! ENJOY!

• 1 year later...

I don't know about the dune buggies but we did a great tour their on ATVs and we got to drive them. Its great, we went through the town and along the beach, incredible tour. We found it on google, Costa Maya ATV. You can double up on the ATV or go on your own.

We did the dune buggies - through Carnival shore ex a few years ago. They required 4 people for each. I don't know the vendor's name. I would not recommend it for the money or the experience unless you did it on your own and could negotiate terms. The ride was not scenic and they took us to a "beach" that was not very clean. The dune buggies were in very poor condition and had various non working parts. We made the best of it and laughed (we were on vacation!). We won't be doing this one again.

Archived