Any word on the Genesis's (Oasis) Itinerary?

I know the Oasis of the Seas will have it's home port in Ft. Lauderdale. Anyone have any idea what the itinerary might be? What ship currently has Ft. lauderdale as it's home port and where does it go?

I know the Oasis of the Seas will have it's home port in Ft. Lauderdale. Anyone have any idea what the itinerary might be? What ship currently has Ft. lauderdale as it's home port and where does it go?

No itineraries have been released as yet, but most of us expect the ship to alternate between Eastern and Western Caribbean ports. Jamaica is currently building new docking facilities in Falmouth to accommodate a ship its size. RCI has announced it will build a dock at Labadee to handle it and several ports in the Eastern Caribbean including Antigua and St.Maarten have indicated their intention to expand their facilities to handle ships of this size. Grand Cayman, of course, requires all ships, regardless of size to tender their passengers, so the only consideration there would be their willingness to have so many passengers from one ship arriving on their island at one time.:)

Great info, thanks a lot!

RCI has announced that they will reveal the rest of the Oasis 'neighborhoods' on June 18th. Perhaps at that time or shortly thereafter, they will release the itineraries. Since they are supposed to open the books for Oasis sometime in August, we won't have too much longer to wait.:)

:D It was reported on Seatrade recently that the Oasis route could be-San Juan, St.Maarten & St.Thomas.

If Western it could be San Juan, Labadee,Cozumel & Falmouth.

Thanks Liz. Sounds quite reasonable and a back to back on her might give you sufficient time to explore and experience all of her features while visiting a number of different ports.:)

Thanks Liz. Sounds quite reasonable and a back to back on her might give you sufficient time to explore and experience all of her features while visiting a number of different ports.:)

No problems Bill :D

Oh some of our CC group are already planning do a B2B, the Inaugural & following week :D First week with all the fun of the group and second week to recover ;) oh yea and enjoy some of the ship :D

No itineraries have been released as yet, but most of us expect the ship to alternate between Eastern and Western Caribbean ports. Jamaica is currently building new docking facilities in Falmouth to accommodate a ship its size. RCI has announced it will build a dock at Labadee to handle it and several ports in the Eastern Caribbean including Antigua and St.Maarten have indicated their intention to expand their facilities to handle ships of this size. Grand Cayman, of course, requires all ships, regardless of size to tender their passengers, so the only consideration there would be their willingness to have so many passengers from one ship arriving on their island at one time.:)

Can you imagine the nightmare of tendering to Cayman on these behemoths???

Wonder if Cayman is prepared to provide more tenders.....like double. Wonder if the ship will be restricted to certain days...maybe when only a few others are anchored.

I'll never set foot on one, that's fer sure... If I want Disneyland, I'll go to Orlando...and several shopping malls are within 10 minutes of where I live.

But, that's just me. I know many others are very exciting about these new floating resorts. I'm just not one of them....

Wonder if Cayman is prepared to provide more tenders.....like double. Wonder if the ship will be restricted to certain days...maybe when only a few others are anchored.

I'll never set foot on one' date=' that's fer sure... If I want Disneyland, I'll go to Orlando...and several shopping malls are within 10 minutes of where I live.

But, that's just me. I know many others are very exciting about these new floating resorts. I'm just not one of them....[/quote']

If you want Disneyland, then goto California, Walt Disney World is in Orlando;)

:D It was reported on Seatrade recently that the Oasis route could be-San Juan, St.Maarten & St.Thomas.

If Western it could be San Juan, Labadee,Cozumel & Falmouth.

Normally, San Juan wouldn't be included on the western itinerary. I guess it could be though....

St. Thomas and St Maaten are already overcrowded so that should be interesting too :eek:

I don't know how San Juan could be included on the western itinerary with labadee, jamaica, and cozumel. Actually, I guess it could be now that I think about it. You will just get a half day in San Juan after a sea day like you do on the Freedom or Liberty and then go to Labadee, and then jamaica, the cozumel, then sea day, then ft. lauderdale. I guess that is do-able, but it will cover a lot of ground. I don't know if that would be economically friendly to them.

It is possible she will sail a single itinerary until the docks are completed at Falmouth and Labadee, and it might be eastern Caribbean as Liz mentioned.

:D It was reported on Seatrade recently that the Oasis route could be-San Juan, St. Maarten & St. Thomas.

If Western it could be San Juan, Labadee, Cozumel & Falmouth.

Liz, it is very unlikely she will be able to sail San Juan, Labadee, Falmouth and Cozumel on a same itinerary due to the distance between them, although it would be nice it would require more sea days and therefore a longer cruise :cool:.

I'll never set foot on one' date=' that's fer sure... If I want Disneyland, I'll go to Orlando...and several shopping malls are within 10 minutes of where I live.

But, that's just me. I know many others are very exciting about these new floating resorts. I'm just not one of them....[/quote']

Have been in Grand Cayman when the number of passengers on all of the ships docked in the harbor, far exceeded the capacity of Oasis, so if the schedule was such that only a limited number of other ships were in port on that day, it might not be the nightmare you describe. We were there on Freedom and did not find it to be a nightmare but were there on a smaller ship when there were five other ships in port and downtown Georgetown was such a zoo that we quickly caught a tender back to the ship. I expect that the people who design ships of such large capacity take tendering operations into consideration in their designs and will manage to minimize the problems just as they successfully, or unsuccessfully in some instances, design traffic patterns to disperse passengers throughout the ship to reduce feelings of being crowded. From my experience most RCI ships handle the numbers quite well.:)

The other ports mentioned have sufficient infrastructure in place to handle even as large a capacity ship as Oasis. It's not like they are going to dump 5,000 passengers on an underdeveloped, tiny island with limited facilities to handle the numbers.

I don't know how San Juan could be included on the western itinerary with labadee, jamaica, and cozumel. Actually, I guess it could be now that I think about it. You will just get a half day in San Juan after a sea day like you do on the Freedom or Liberty and then go to Labadee, and then jamaica, the cozumel, then sea day, then ft. lauderdale. I guess that is do-able, but it will cover a lot of ground. I don't know if that would be economically friendly to them.

I have to admit I dont know anything about distances between the ports :o

Just had look at latest brochure and I see the Indy will be doing Western from FLL but going to Belize,Costa Maya & Coz and I wondered would all these ports be doable for Oasis ? Although saying that I guess they wouldnt have the Indy and Oasis doing the same ports at same time :confused:

It is possible she will sail a single itinerary until the docks are completed at Falmouth and Labadee, and it might be eastern Caribbean as Liz mentioned.

Liz, it is very unlikely she will be able to sail San Juan, Labadee, Falmouth and Cozumel on a same itinerary due to the distance between them, although it would be nice it would require more sea days and therefore a longer cruise :cool:.

I don't think they would do a cruise than is any more or any less than a 7 night cruise. Doing the San Juan-Labadee-Falmouth-Cozumel is doable in 7 days, you just won't have a long port time in San Juan, probably the 3-10 like Freedom does. It will probably Ft. Lauderdale-Sea Day-San Juan (short)-Labadee-Falmouth-Cozumel-At Sea-FLL.

I'm pretty sure it could work, but I don't think they are going to do it because it wouldn't be long in some of the ports, and it would cover a lot of ground, therefore a lot more fuel, therefore higher costs, and higher prices.

But I'll be happy with whatever itinerary they draw up.

we were on disney a month ago and one of the crew members told us that port canaveral is expanding one of their docks for "that really, really big royal caribbean ship that's coming out soon."

we were on disney a month ago and one of the crew members told us that port canaveral is expanding one of their docks for "that really, really big royal caribbean ship that's coming out soon."

Yeah PC was one of the options for the Oasis but Port Everglades won the deal! I still believe but I could be wrong they are still expanding! The Freedom Of The Seas will be home ported there next year but I don’t think they need to expand for her! They probably are just preparing for the future! :D

What ever happened to building a port in Grand Cayman instead of tendering? I read an article last yr saying they were going to build one and since then have heard

NOTHING!

Stated above, Oasis in Fort Lauderdale?

I thought it was Miami... isn't that why the Freedom

is going to PC????

RCI has announced that they will reveal the rest of the Oasis 'neighborhoods' on June 18th. Perhaps at that time or shortly thereafter, they will release the itineraries. Since they are supposed to open the books for Oasis sometime in August, we won't have too much longer to wait.:)

Have they announced the inaugural date?

What ever happened to building a port in Grand Cayman instead of tendering? I read an article last yr saying they were going to build one and since then have heard

NOTHING!

Stated above, Oasis in Fort Lauderdale?

I thought it was Miami... isn't that why the Freedom

is going to PC????

Oasis and Allure are going to be home ported at Pt. Everglades in FLL. They won out over Miami. The Freedom is moving to PC but the Navigator will be back in Miami in late 09 for her four and five night cruises in place of FLL.

I'm willing to say the itin will be somewhere like the western caribbean Montego Bay, Grand Cayman and maybe Labadee... Similar to the inaugural sail of the Freedom just because of the size. If they do have another itenarary(?) I hope it goes to grand cayman...

Archived