SEATAC to Vancouver

Smyrna

I will be traveling with family members (4 Adults and 2 Children) from SEATAC to the Renaissance Hotel in Vancouver, BC before cruising on Princess to Alaska. We will be arriving at SEATAC on the morning of July 18, 2008.

What are some of the better ways to make this portion of the trip?

Yes I took the train from Vancouver BC to Seattle and it was wonderful

Check out this thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=720705

Karen (Seattlecruiselover) can answer almost any question you have or knows someone that will. It's not just about Seattle lots of tips on getting to Vancouver.

Dianne

This last month we rented a car from National at SeaTac. We landed in Seattle in the late afternoon and then headed right out. It was a beautiful drive. It was nice to go at our own pace and stop when we wanted to. Just north of Seattle, there's a rest stop (state-owned) that has a huge tree with a hollowed out trunk...you could drive a car through it. They even had complimentary coffee--only in Seattle!

Between Burlington and Bellingham, there's a gorgeous, scenic by-way called Chuckanut Drive. It only adds about 20 minutes, but it was more than worth it. We got to Vancouver around 9 after making several stops. No stops, it would've been about 3 hours since we chose a good border crossing.

You'll love sailing out of Vancouver, if you haven't already. Scenery all the way out and through the first sea day, too.

Enjoy!!!

Just north of Seattle, there's a rest stop (state-owned) that has a huge tree with a hollowed out trunk...you could drive a car through it.

I need to clarify: you aren't allowed to drive your car through the tree trunk...it's just big enough that it could be done. =) In case you decided to drive, I didn't want your kids to get excited due to my unclear communication!

The Amtrak is a very good option but there is only one train a day in either direction, from Seattle it leaves at 7:40 am. Next would be the shutle www.quickcoach.com. Lastly of course would be to rent a car and drive. Your drive time will be about 3 to 3 1/2 hours plus you could be as long as 2 hours at the border. The shuttle will be faster as it uses a dedicated lane at the border.

I have always enjoyed the train. It is a beautiful ride. The Casacade route runs twice a day, 7:40 am and 6:40 pm. Amtrak also runs several bus connections each day.

No. The only train to Vancouver is Cascades train number 510, leaving Seattle for Vancouver at 7:40 am, and the return train is 517, leaving Vancouver at 5:45 pm. The 6:40 pm train, 516, only goes as far as Bellingham, WA. There is Thruway bus leaving at 6:30 pm.

The 6:40 pm train is supposed to be extended through to Vancouver sometime this year, although there has been talk of that for years. There is no set time for it to be extended yet. As of now, the ONLY train leaves at 7:40 am.

Archived