portofino question ?????

Hi everyone,

I've read these boards over and over and seen the menu for Portofino's but I don't understand how the menu works? . Do you get something from each catagory? We've already decided that we are going to go to Chops but still deciding on Portofino's. Help Please :)

if you are a big eater or haven't eaten all day (when does that happen on a cruise???:D ) then you'll have room for something from each category.

in our experience (and we've eaten there numerous times) we have an appetizer.....spilt a salad....have a 1/2 portion of their famous mushroom pasta....have an entree and then we ask for our desert to be sent to our room later.

we then walk the meal off......go and get a coffee to go and head back to our cabin for desert:p

We went to Portofino when we were on the Serenade last November. I had a salad, 1/2 order of the mushroom pasta, an entree and dessert. I was very full afterwards. You can certainly order from each category though.

Are you planning to travel on Freedom of the Seas?

No we are going to be on the Mariner :)

I see mushroom pasta is a favorite of some... what other dishes are favorites of yours????

Thank you everyone for your replys :)

I see mushroom pasta is a favorite of some... what other dishes are favorites of yours????

Had the seafood skewer last September at Portofino on the Jewel. It was awesome.

We were on the Mariner a couple of weeks ago and ate at Portofino twice. The filet mignon was better in Portofino than Chops in our opinion. My husband also had the penne with beef ragu and absolutely loved it and I had the shrimp and it was very good. The Caesars salad is excellent as was the caprese also. For dessert we had the sampler and the tiramisu and loved them both.

Hope this helps.

Where can you see the menu for Portofino and Chops??? We are trying to decide if we want to go to one of them but not sure yet - a menu would help us decide!!!!!

Straight from the Royal Caribbean web site: ;)

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/Portofino_Menu.pdf

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/ChopsGrille_Menu_Eng.pdf

Archived