Independance Walkaround Deck

Hi all, having just watched the magnificent Independance of the Seas sail from Southampton, was wondering if anyone out there knew if the walkaround deck goes all the way up to the front. The reason I ask is that there were a lot of people right on the pointy bit waving as she sailed. This is usually the crew's bit, but from a distance these people didnt look like crew. Thankyou in advance. Cec and Kim;)

It is open to passengers (as on all other Voyager/Freedom class ships), provided it's not too windy or there's not a helicopter landing.

You can access it from Deck 4 outside decks via a staircase leading up to Deck 5. There are a few benches out there, as well.

Thanks EMBflyer, thats made my wifes day as she loves to get as far to the front for sailaway as possible. We forfeit everything at sailaway no matter what time it is, sometimes we have been the only ones up there as we depart a port. I guess you have been onboard yourself, how did you cope with the huge numbers of people onboard? When she sailed today there were nearly 3,500 passengers onboard.:)

Yes, passengers can go onto the bow where the helicopter pad is. There are benches there, and it's a great place to relax, especially at night, when it's dark there and the stars are out.

Archived