Well it happened

pugaddict

My son and his girlfriend are over and she was supposed to go on our cruise to Bermuda on June 29th. I guess he wants to bring a buddy now which is fine. Should I wait to change the name on the reservation? If they get back together again I will scream. I hope I won't be out big money. I know their will be a fee to change the name. I booked through an one line TA. Does anyone have a similiar story? THANKS:eek:

It used to be that you could just pay a fee and change the name (varies by TA's and cruise lines). But, I've heard lately (especially now that you're past final payment) that changing the name is considered a cancellation, subject to cancellation fees (up to the whole fare of the cruise). Check with your TA to find out for sure.

What a pickle you are in. So sorry to hear that. Good luck!!

It used to be that you could just pay a fee and change the name (varies by TA's and cruise lines). But, I've heard lately (especially now that you're past final payment) that changing the name is considered a cancellation, subject to cancellation fees (up to the whole fare of the cruise). Check with your TA to find out for sure.

What a pickle you are in. So sorry to hear that. Good luck!!

so far we have not had that happen in. I did a change just a few weeks ago. We were not even charged but it was before docs were printed. Let's hope this isn't the policy. I really can't see any cruise line charging a full cancellation fee with almost a month to go.

As for the question the OP asked, I think, I would make it clear to my son, if they do get back together, she still can not take the cruise. You can't keep making changes over and over, especially if there is a charge involved. With only 28 days left he needs to make sure who he wants to take and stick with it.

Nita

I'm with Rita. Change it now and be done with it. If son and GF get back together and he wants to take her on the cruise again, tell him the cost will be out of his pocket. They can't just keep flip flopping back and forth.

Archived