46 Day Asia Cruise ?s

Moonglow

After booking and cancelling cruises on Princess and RCL in Asia, I am now looking at HAL's 46 day cruise from Singapore to Vancouver or Oceania's Bangkok to Beijing cruise. My question is has anyone done this cruise or some part of it and what was the experience like. I am torn between just the overnight in Beijing on HAL vs a post land tour in China after the Oceania cruise. We have only done one HAL cruise and it was a trans-Atlantic so I can't really compare the experience. The only thing I am certain of is that we want a small ship. Thanks for any insight.

Carol

• 8 months later...

We were lucky enough to be on the Statendam last April in Asia and had a very memorable trip. I've now updated my travel blog with some reflections on our experience. Check it out if you'd like at:

http://happyalaskan.blogspot.com/2009/02/beijing-china-there-is-no-china-part-1.html

If you're considering this trip for yourself, esp with HAL, I say do it! It's the best itinerary I've ever been on.

Happy Travels!

Archived