Who is already booked for Alaska 2005??

Host Caroline

First time on Celebrity on August 12-19 aboard the Mercury anyone else going on this cruise with 12yr old boy ,please let me know. Would just like to know if other kids will be on our cruise.:confused:

This is all new to me. First time to cruise, first time to Alaska, and first time to post on Cruise Critic. Help me if I goof.

We are taking Vision of the Seas on a cruisetour beginning on June 24 from Vancouver. We are three couples in our 50's and 60's who are related. Two of us are from Oklahoma (me - Terry and wife - Jo), two are from Kansas (Roxie and Richard), and two from Idaho (Aurora and Jim). I believe it is the first cruise for all of us.

Ports of call are, Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, with disembarking of ship in Seward. Cruising by Hubbard Glacier and Icy Point Strait. Wilderness Express train from Seward to Anchorage, followed later by bus to Denali and then Fairbanks for flight back.

I am so excited I can hardly stand it. I have been researching almost everything I can find on the port, excursions, tips from experienced cruisers, etc. I think I even saw a computer screen the other night that said, "End of Internet".

I think my wife thinks she has been divorced with all the time I spend researching.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just DH and I - been meaning to go "North to Alaska" for some time now and finally decided it's time (especially with all the hurricanes in the South). Am planning to use FF miles to fly into Seattle and take the Amtrak Cascades the next morning to Vancouver. Does anyone know how far in advance you can buy a business class ticket on the train (having never ridden a train, this may be a highlight of our trip - who knows LOL) ? Also any suggestions on a hotel that's relatively close to the train station in Seattle?

Archived