RCCL website - "Deals"

Have been following pricing on a particular cruise for a while and today, for the first time, the RCCL website shows "Deals" on its website for that date. So I thought, "Great - final payment date for that cruise is within days, reservations are soft, they're offering price reductions." Here's the problem - the "Deals" shown today are exactly the same prices as they've been showing for months. Doesn't sound like a "Deal" to me. Any explanation?

Have been following pricing on a particular cruise for a while and today, for the first time, the RCCL website shows "Deals" on its website for that date. So I thought, "Great - final payment date for that cruise is within days, reservations are soft, they're offering price reductions." Here's the problem - the "Deals" shown today are exactly the same prices as they've been showing for months. Doesn't sound like a "Deal" to me. Any explanation?

Very possible that when you booked, your rate was a "Deal" and that rates started to climb afterwards and now are coming back down. So to a new booking this may be considered a "Deal", but in your case it is not. Happens all the time and best bet is to keep watching for rate drops or any promos i.e. "deals", that you may be eligible for in the future.

I would call and ask if they are offering a special. I had a cruise booked (since changed) that finally came up with special pricing but when I went through the booking process it still showed the old price. I called up RCL and sure enough it was $110 cheaper than my booking. It is still happening. I thought it was my cache but I had someone at work also check and it is doing it to them also.

Oddly enough, when I checked the RCCL website this morning the "Deals" caption was no longer on the date I'm following. I'm going to assume someone in programming made a mistake yesterday and its been corrected. I will, however, continue checking prices between now and the sail date and perhaps will be lucky enough to catch an actual "Deal." And yes, micruiser2002, the rates have gone up since we booked many months ago but you can't kill a kid for trying, can you? Thanks.

It could be a computer thing. If your computer still has the cookies sent through by RCL the first time you looked at that particular cruise, it will not show a different price. You need to delete all cookies on your computer, then go back and check the price again.

I checked the RCCL website this morning to find that once again, the cruise I've been following indicates "Deals" for the date we've booked...and, once again (just as it was a fews ago both before and after "Deals" was added/removed from that date), the prices haven't budged one dollar. It's not a computer (cookie) thing because I checked on a computer other than the one I usually use. Indicating "Deals" on a particular date with a price that's the same as "No Deals" could be construed as misleading, whether the cruise thinks it's offering a good price or otherwise. I can't figure out what's going on.

I have noticed that sometimes, when there is a "Deals" icon next to a date/type of cabin (balcony, ov, int), that the prices aren't always lower for all the categories in that type.

For example, a while ago I noticed the "Deals" next to the interior cabins on a cruise I was watching. When I checked the pricing, only one of the cabin cat. prices had gone down - Cat L went down, the rest went up or stayed the same.

Maybe this is what is happening?

I have noticed that sometimes, when there is a "Deals" icon next to a date/type of cabin (balcony, ov, int), that the prices aren't always lower for all the categories in that type.

For example, a while ago I noticed the "Deals" next to the interior cabins on a cruise I was watching. When I checked the pricing, only one of the cabin cat. prices had gone down - Cat L went down, the rest went up or stayed the same.

Maybe this is what is happening?

It appears that all the available categories have remained the same price.

Archived