7-day Mediterranean cruise

BigJohn84

We're looking at doing the 7-day Mediterranean cruise next summer (July '09). Anybody have any experience with this? Which excursions did you do and were they good? Was it a decent way to get a taste of Italy for a first trip there?

My only thing is 12-hours doesn't look like a lot of time to see a city like Rome.

Thanks

John

We're looking at doing the 7-day Mediterranean cruise next summer (July '09). Anybody have any experience with this? Which excursions did you do and were they good? Was it a decent way to get a taste of Italy for a first trip there?

My only thing is 12-hours doesn't look like a lot of time to see a city like Rome.

Thanks

John

Just returned from the Gem 7-day Mediterranean cruise and it was lovely. We did all NCL tours and thought they were very organized and thorough; yet a little rushed in Rome. (Not NCL's fault...too much to see in a short amount of time!) No, 12 hours is definitely NOT enough time to see Rome, Florence or Naples but it's a good way to get a taste of each city in a short amount of time. DH and I are already talking about visiting Italy again, this time spending 4 days in Rome and another 3 in Florence. Thanks to the Gem cruise, we know exactly what we want to see and do next time we're in Italy. :)

Go ahead and take the cruise. Not only will you have a wonderful time in each port, but you'll have a fantastic ship to come back to after a long day of sightseeing!

Happy cruising!

Thanks

John, start reading, several people have posted reviews. I am posting one right now, so scroll down and find it, I have three parts to it so far, and another one or two to come. (I am long winded) lol Nope not enough time - But I know I want to go back! And we will! Just got off the Gem last Sunday, and can't say enough good about it! We did private tours and loved them.

missty

Archived