The real deal with the Destiny?

bdlee73

Hello,

I'm researching a few different cruise options and the new 4/5 sailings on the Destiny have caught our eye. In researching the ship, i have read VERY mixed reviews- what's the real story? In reading reviews of the same cruise date, one reviewer will have had the best vacation ever while another thinks the crew was, rude and the ship in need of serious repair.

Would any of you hesitate to take a 5 day cruise on the Destiny? What about a balcony? How's the crew? Food? Condition of the ship?

Thanks!

Look at the reviews on any ship and you will find the same.

Whilst older then most of it's cousins, and it does have a couple of charming "quirks", she is no different then any other Carnival cruise.

I sailed the Southern Carib. on her and I have another B2B scheduled out of Miami.

The Destiny will be the first Carnival mega ship offering affordable balconies to those cruisers who normally do 4 to 5 day cruises (on Fantasy class ships you have to have a suite to get a balcony) Its going to be interesting to see if Carnival can fill the ship for the 4 and 5 day sails on a steady basis....

The Destiny will be the first Carnival mega ship offering affordable balconies to those cruisers who normally do 4 to 5 day cruises (on Fantasy class ships you have to have a suite to get a balcony) Its going to be interesting to see if Carnival can fill the ship for the 4 and 5 day sails on a steady basis....

The balcony, size of ship, and length of itinerary are what's attractive to us. I would assume there is a market for people who want the big ship experience and a balcony, but cannot and prefer not to sink 7 days into a cruise.

Just like big duck, sailed the southern caribbean on Destiny in Nov. 07 and have b2b booked on her out of Miami. Ship is going in for refurb in Sept. 08. Before our cruise in 07 I was really scared we had made a big mistake booking the Destiny after reading some of the reviews. We really enjoyed the ship. Was everything perfect, no, but is everything perfect on all the other ships, probably not. Based on our experience on Destiny I can highly recommend the ship.

We sailed on Destiny Oct. 07 and loved the ship. The crew was fantastic and the ship was very clean. The ship was showing its age a little, but it was well maintained. The food was excellent, and the entertainment was good, not great, but good. I wouldn´t hesitate to sail on Destiny again. We enjoyed the Puerto Rican/Caribbean influence on the ship that some people complain about.

I have been on the Destiny in 05. She is an older ship but they keep her in good shape. You would have to look pretty hard to find much wrong with her. She is going in for a refurb soon so she will get another facelift!

Did I mention I have this ship booked again in Feb of 09? You just can't go wrong. This is a beautiful ship!

We have booked the Destiny in March 09. We wanted an affordable balcony and a shorter cruise, we just don't have the time for a 7 day cruise at this point in our lives. We are really looking forward to it. Like most things in life, there is always someone who loves it, someone who hates it. I don't think anyone agrees completely on anything. Go for it--a cruise is what YOU make it.

We were also on the Destiny Oct. 07 and had a fabulous time:)

Beautiful ship, wonderful crowd, great food, great entertainment, and the southern caribbean ports are beyond words....(I'm sure her new itinerary will be wonderful also)

Bdlee73, I say go for it...If you like the intinerary...go for it...

Each cruise and ship is different....one week might be fabulous..the next not so fabulous. Go onboard with a positive attitude and Happy Cruisin':) ;)

Archived