Question about cruise insurance

Ok, I booked my cruise back in Jan. 08. I am now getting worried about hurricane season. I live north of the coast in Louisiana, cruise departs Galveston on Sept. 28, 2008. My husband and I will be leaving our 2 young boys with our parents, but I am now worrying about what happens if we were just previously hit or about to be hit by a hurricane. I couldnt imagine leaving them in either situation. Is there a way i can get cheap travel insurance now, being so far from our deposit date?:confused: Where do i go to get this? Thanks for any help you can give me!:o

Ok, I booked my cruise back in Jan. 08. I am now getting worried about hurricane season. I live north of the coast in Louisiana, cruise departs Galveston on Sept. 28, 2008. My husband and I will be leaving our 2 young boys with our parents, but I am now worrying about what happens if we were just previously hit or about to be hit by a hurricane. I couldnt imagine leaving them in either situation. Is there a way i can get cheap travel insurance now, being so far from our deposit date?:confused: Where do i go to get this? Thanks for any help you can give me!:o

We leave this Saturday and I didn't buy our insurance until last week. Just go to insure my trip dot com and do a comparison. It is very easy. Good luck and have fun on your cruise.

Maam,

Cheap is what the word means.. get quality policies at the lowest cost.

You do have to Shop, read and compare.

Make sure your covered for what you want as well need.

We have used this firm now many times before and they have the largest DATA Base and give you free quotes and compare hundreds of policies and companies free for you.

You should Bookmark this and help yourself.

here:

squaremouth.com/20110

Read everything

Compare

On Medical if need make sure its a Primary policy as then They pay you first and you dont have to do the US Mail and Phone Shuffle off to Buffalo...

Hope your cruise is very well have fun !;)

All the best!:cool:

I wouldn't necessarily think "cheap" for travel insurance. Instead, think "comprehensive". With travel insurance, you usually get what you pay for.

As others have said, go to the websites and read ALL information very, very carefully..then select the one that includes coverage for your needs.

It's a very good idea to have trip insurance - you simply never know what could happen. It's better to put up a little money for insurance than to lose all of your cruise fare if something unexpected would happen.

You should definitely compare prices of different companies. Depending upon your age, where you are traveling, etc., the price fluctuates. I use the dot com posted in reply #2. That will give you lots of options. More expensive doesn't necessarily mean better. Review the coverage before you buy.

I recommend Insuremytrip com as well...they offer insurance from several company's and have a great comparison feature...

you pay more for Carnival but you also get more out of it...for instants if you need to go to the infirmary nothing out of pocket...with other company's you will get reinbursed....you pay for the convinence....

Insurance bought through Carnival or any other company in my opinion is just a choice on what your personal needs are...

Choice is the key word.

Compare all your options as well the Policies and Providers.

1.) Are the financially stable and able. Great Rated?

2.) Is the Policy PRIMARY and not Secondary?:D

*NOTE* Primary Policies pay you directly and they are first!

3.) Does it cover what you need? Especially Pre Existing Conditions?

4.) READ everything fully and understand what your reading too.

Then compare them more and select pay and get covered. some have a waiting period too so make sure you pay for what you want !

Is it better to buy from Carnival or an outside company??? I never knew you could get from an outside one. thought it had to be the company the trip is through. Learn something new everyday!!!

Archived