I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

Disney is more of a theme park where I think that Tivoli is more of a recreational park with added rides.

Tivoli is also rather cosy even on a busy day.

Rosenborg is located in walking distance of Nørreport station and from there its only one stop with regional and Øresund trains and 2 stops with the S-train to København H (central station) where Tivoli is the next door neighbours.

We are on the Constellation and will be in Copenhagen on May 30th. We have spent several days in Copenhagen in the past, but have a couple things that we'd like to see. Can you please tell me how to get from the cruise ship to the Museum of Danish Resistance and Danish Jewish Museum and back to the ship? (We can do them in any order.) Any recommendations for lunch near either museum?

Thanks for your help.

We are on the Constellation and will be in Copenhagen on May 30th. We have spent several days in Copenhagen in the past, but have a couple things that we'd like to see. Can you please tell me how to get from the cruise ship to the Museum of Danish Resistance and Danish Jewish Museum and back to the ship? (We can do them in any order.) Any recommendations for lunch near either museum?

Thanks for your help.

Google these web-sites, and you'll get street maps, to help locate the museums.:confused: :D

Cato :)

Churchillparken 7 1263 København K, Denmark (Resistance Museums)

Proviantpasagen 6 1218 Copenhagen, Denmark (Jewish Museum)

Completed Cruises !

Pre-cruise Days - The Big Red Boat, 1993 ??

1st cruise - Coral Princess, 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA

2nd cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

3rd cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

4th cruise - Golden Princes, 12 June 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

5th Cruise - Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver - Los Angeles, Repositioning

6th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

7th cruise - Golden Princess, 11 May 2011, 3 day, LA to Vancouver, Repositioning

8th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 14 May 2011, 1 day, Vancouver to Seattle, Repositioning

9th cruise - Coral Princess 19 May 2011 2 day, San Francisco to Vancouver, Repositioning

10th & 11th cruises - Coral Princess 02 July to 16 July 2011, round trip Vancouver - Whittier Alaska, B2B

12th & 13th cruises - Sapphire Princess, x2, Cabins, 18 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning

14th & 15th cruises - Golden Princess, x2, Cabins, 24 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning.

We have now reached Elite status with Princess Cruise Lines

16th cruise - Oasis of the Seas, 26 Nov. 2011, 7 day, Western Caribbean, Ft. Lauderdale, Ret.

17th & 18th cruises - Crown Princess B2B, 03 - 10 Dec & 10 - 17 Dec 2011, 14 Days, South & western Caribbean

19th cruise - Grand Princess, 31 Mar. - 07Jun.0212 7 Days, Eastern Caribbean, FLL - FLL

20th cruise - Island Princess, 06-16 June 2012, 10 day cruisetour Vancouver - Wittier

21th cruise - Emerald Princess, 16 day, 10 - 26 Sep. 2012, TA, Copenhagen - New York

Future & Hopeful Cruises !

( Already booked )

22nd cruise - Carnival Ecstasy 10 - 14 January, 2013, 4 Day Bahamas, Port Canaveral Ret.

23rd cruise - Sapphire Princess 31 March - 06 April, 2013, 7 Day Coastal LA - LA

24thh cruise - Royal Princess 16 June - 05 July, 2013, 19 Day Inaugural cruise, Southampton - Venice.

25thcruise - Emerald Princess, 01 Oct. - 16 Oct. 2013, 16 Day Cruisetour, Toronto Via Quebec City to New York City

26th cruise - Royal Princess, 14 November - 01 December, 2013, Eastern Caribbean, Fort Lauderdale Ret.

Hello again Danish Viking

I am in need of your help once again! Could you please let me know the schedule of the Harbor Bus (i think it is 901 or 902)which leaves the stop by Gefion Fountains going to the Black Diamond/Library area? How early does this route start running in the morning and roughly how long does it take? i will be visiting May 29, 2013. I appreciate all your assistance! Thank you.

Thank you Roothy for your explanation. Makes sense now why you would purchase the tickets as opposed to the City Pass. Can you give me your thoughts on visiting Tivoli? We are in port from 9:00 - 5:00 and would really like to do an inside visit to Rosenberg Palace. Is both possible? I hare to be rushed! Thanks for your recommendations!

Hi dolfans. Sorry; I didn't see this post until now. While Tivoli is certainly a major tourist attraction, and an iconic attraction for Danes, I probably wouldn't feel like you have to go there. We went, at night since we got to CPH the day before boarding the ship, and the lights were pretty. There's a theater with great "peacock" curtains, and flowers and statues, rides, restaurants, and, if you're there on a Friday night, there's music (no extra charge) that's very popular. Unfortunately, the time difference really caught up with us and a little before 9, we could hardly stay awake. It was also starting to sprinkle a little, which bothered my husband a bit. We left. We were glad we went, but then we were not quite as pressed for time as you will be, since we had more than a day there. I would probably just walk to Tivoli, maybe walk around it, as you can see inside at a few places, and settle for that. Besides, it is not cheap to enter, and I personally would not want to pay to get in and then rush around, worrying if we'd have time for other things. As Danish viking says, it IS cosy, so it's not a huge area to cover, so it could be visited in probably 2 hours if necessary, but personally I would pass on it.

I didn't go into Rosenberg or the gardens there (although I HAD planned to visit the gardens), so can't really comment on it (the jewels, etc.) However, the architecture certainly fascinated me.

If I have a little bit of time, I'll go to the movia.dk web site to see if I can answer your question as to when the Harbor Bus run. However, my guess is that it runs during the times that cruises are normally in port. It's helpful that DV mentioned it was 901 or 902, as that particular "bus" is rather buried on the web site! I'll also try to find the site I found back in August that described each stop.

http://www.welcome-to-my-copenhagen.com/copenhagen_harbour.html

The above site will tell you a little bit about the various stops that the harbor bus makes.

Next, I'll look for the schedule. If I remember correctly, when I got on near the fountain, it took maybe 15 or 20 minutes to get to Nyhavn, after making 2 stops (near and in front of the Opera).

I finally found the harbor bus (by routing myself from "Nordre Toldbod" to "Nyhavn") - it is "bus" 991 (and 992 going the opposite direction). The site I listed above lists it as 901 and 902, but that's no longer current (sorry; and sorry to DV also if I implied he mentioned the 901 and 902 - it was probably me!) Anyway, if you look at the following schedule, it should help:

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Timetable%20Resources/992-0992-121012-r.pdf

The first block is Monday - Friday, second is Sat., and third is Sun./holidays.

You would be catching it at Nordre Toldbod and taking it to (I think) Det Kongelige Bibliotek (The Royal Library). It looks like it takes about 20 minutes.

So Mon. - Fri., Nordre Toldbod has pickups at 6:40, 7:10, and 7:40 AM; then for the rest of the time you're likely to be there, at 10 and 40 past each hour. I don't know if this is year-round or not; may want to re-check the schedule closer to cruise time.

Thank you Roothy for all the information and taking the time to research the schedule of the harbor bus. It gives me a better idea on how to plan my visit. I am thinking that we will need to skip Tivoli due to our limited time and since it does not open until 11:00 am. We are due to sail at 4:00 pm so I am anticipating we will need to be on board by no later than 3:30 pm. Once again, thank you for all your help!

Maybe i also posted the old route numbers but this schedule should be year round unless anything else is noted in the timetable.

Linda-E

I can´t get on the cruise list page atm. at cmport.com but normally connie is docked at Langelinie pier and that is just located on the other side of the Kastellet fortress so here you just walk.

http://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Langeliniekaj+(Midt),+K%C3%B8benhavn&daddr=Frihedsmuseet,+Churchillparken&hl=da&ie=UTF8&sll=55.67565,12.58208&sspn=0.003684,0.009645&geocode=FUXkUQMdhUPAACmJt-Oo3VJSRjELb6IdJ-n0FQ%3BFfq7UQMdDjTAACFZkheSOlrlsSk_Uir_IFNSRjFZkheSOlrlsQ&oq=frihedsm&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=ls&z=15

From Frihedsmuseet (resistance museum) you have to walk to the bus stop at Esplanaden/st. Kongensgade

http://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Frihedsmuseet,+Churchillparken&daddr=Esplanaden%2FKongensgade,+K%C3%B8benhavn&hl=da&ie=UTF8&ll=55.687704,12.5934&spn=0.003683,0.009645&sll=55.687705,12.59318&sspn=0.003683,0.009645&geocode=Ffq7UQMdDjTAACFZkheSOlrlsSk_Uir_IFNSRjFZkheSOlrlsQ%3BFXu5UQMdVBzAACl15uVuH1NSRjG_ngKPtQluuw&oq=esplanaden%2Fkong&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=ls&z=17

From Frihedsmuseet (Resistance museum) you will have to take either bus 1A towards Avedøre or bus 15 towards Ålholm plads and get off at the bus stop at Holmens Kirke and walk a few 100 metres to Dansk Jødisk Museum.

http://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Holmens+Kirke,+Holmens+Kanal&daddr=Dansk+J%C3%B8disk+Museum,+K%C3%B8benhavn&hl=da&ie=UTF8&sll=55.675745,12.584839&sspn=0.003684,0.009645&geocode=FV-PUQMdkQPAACH8hdGBtNIzsylrck9BFlNSRjH8hdGBtNIzsw%3BFSmFUQMdcvu_ACFDRm9o-z5wailLthzFFVNSRjFDRm9o-z5wag&oq=dansk+j%C3%B8&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=ls&z=17

On the way back you just walk back to Holmens Kirke and take bus 26 back to Langelinie pier.

But please note that only every second bus will go to the pier, busses at XX:06, XX:26 and XX:46.

The boats would not but i think that the HO/HO busses stops close to or at Christiansborg where Dansk Jødisk museum is located.

These websites will tell you where they stop.

http://www.city-discovery.com/copenh...FS56cAodm2QAjQ

http://www.stromma.dk/da/SIGHTSEEING...off-All-Lines/

http://www.sightseeing.dk/sys/overview/fp.php

This is a slightly more unusual question.

I have been to Copenhagen before so pretty much have all sightseeing sorted. (Day trip to Malmo) Tivoli (have teenagers with me who went in 06 and want to return)

We have two nights at Adina Apartments self catering (Amerika Plads) I know this is out of the main area, our final night is a Nimb.

Where would be a good supermarket near to Adina to purchase food for self cater.

TIA

Mrs W

Thank you!

That is excellent information. I finally found Netto yesterday via web search but I think we'll try Irma first. The self cater is more because we'll have been eating out for almost 3 weeks by then and the apartments will let us be a bit more relaxed.

Someone asked for a Bed & Breakfast in Copenhagen, I can´t remember who and I´m lo lazy to look back.

But here they are ranked from Copenhagen International B&B at the first place to several B&Bs without any ranking at 31th to 39th place.

http://www.tripadvisor.dk/Hotels-g189541-c2-Copenhagen_Zealand-Hotels to .html

Even on the most busiest days the lines are under 1 hour, probably 30 minutes.

But its not one of the busiest day.

Thanks very much. That's good! We have been once before, in summer. Looking forward to seeing it decorated for Christmas and the lights too as we have a 'full day and evening' call.

Remember that its already dark around 4 pm.

Danish Viking,

I'm a avid follower of your thread.....will be visiting Copenhagen in May.

Just wanted too thank you for your great work your doing....have a good Christmas and thanks for your efforts in 2012.:)

All the best from Australia.

Archived