I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

Hi. The hotel site recommends the M2 into town, crossing the street to either bus 15 or bus 26, then a walk from Odd Fellow to Toldbodgade. We'll be arriving from Heathrow late, touchdown about 1700hrs. I'm thinking it would be much easier to use M2 and then either (1) take a taxi about 2-3min from Kongens Nytorv to the Admiral Hotel? or (2) if the weather is fine and we aren't the "walking dead," to walk from the station to the hotel, about 8min? What do you think? Cost is not main concern. Two able-bodied adults, each with roller case. Thanks.

We wanted to take the train to Roskilde to see the Viking Ship Museum on Tuesday, July 3rd and just discovered this is in the middle of the festival. Will the crowds in town and on the trains be significant? We don't really want to get in the middle of a mob scene. We could always go to another small town and hold off on this one for another visit. I can't find information on where the festival really is - outside of town or throughout the streets. Thanks for any guidance!

You can see the festival area on this map.

http://map.krak.dk/m/n93ew

I do however get the 3rd to be on a Wednesday and that is the day before the actual festival start.

But camping opens on the previous Saturday so most people will have arrived on Wednesday so the trains will not be much more full than normal and DSB are good to put extra wagons on existing trains and there are normally extra departures to and from Copenhagen during the festival.

Actually we have already alot of american artists and bands on the poster, The biggest atm. is Queens Of The Stone Age, Slipknot and Animal Collective.

Hi:

We'll be in Copenhagen for 4 nights, and also would like to go to Oslo for a day. Is it best to go by overnight ferry, rent a car, or go by train? Do you have any recommendations, and have you done this trip before?

Thanks in advance for your help.

If you take the ferry you will have depart from Copenhagen on day 1 at 17:00, the same from Oslo day 2 and arrive back in Copenhagen on the 3rd day at 9:30 so you will miss alot of Copenhagen.

Train takes around 8 hours each way.

But Scandinavian Airlines and Norwegian Air Shuttle have cheap and frequent flights all day and it takes a little bit over 1 hour to reach Oslo-Gardermoen airport.

Your hotel is located on a side street to the central station so it would be crazy to waste money on a taxi.

There are between 5 and 8 trains departing every hour so its also very frequent.

The trains are 1 Intercity train, one Intercity Lyn train and between 3 and 6 Øresund trains.

If you take the ferry you will have depart from Copenhagen on day 1 at 17:00, the same from Oslo day 2 and arrive back in Copenhagen on the 3rd day at 9:30 so you will miss alot of Copenhagen.

Train takes around 8 hours each way.

But Scandinavian Airlines and Norwegian Air Shuttle have cheap and frequent flights all day and it takes a little bit over 1 hour to reach Oslo-Gardermoen airport.

Thanks, Danish King, for the information. Really appreciate your taking the time to answer. We will have to leave Oslo for another time.

Liz

Your hotel is located on a side street to the central station so it would be crazy to waste money on a taxi.

There are between 5 and 8 trains departing every hour so its also very frequent.

The trains are 1 Intercity train, one Intercity Lyn train and between 3 and 6 Øresund trains.

Thank you very much, I guess we can just carry the bags along with us in the train? We will no doubt have a few more questions before September.

We booked the flights today and used a bunch of aeroplan points, the taxes were almost half the price of the tickets!

Thank you again

We will be arriving in Copenhagen in May and then will travel to a major city in Sweden. I'm really ignorant of Sweden, despite it being my "ancestral land" so I'd like some advice on which city you think is the best spot for a two day trip- Stockholm, Gothenberg? Should we take a train or fly? We plan on departing to the US after Sweden and will be newly retired so we don't have time restrictions, just budget considerations. So, if you could go from Copenhagen to Sweden where would you go and how would you get there? We have no physical limitations and are pretty independent travelers.

Stockholm has def. more to offer than Gothenburg and there are directly flights to usa from Stockholm Arlanda and not Gothenburg Landvetter.

You can fly directly from Copenhagen in around 1 hour and 10 minutes, SAS has 15 departures daily and Norwegian has 7 departures.

You can also take the train in around 5 hours with the X2000 train directly from Copenhagen.

I find 5 direct trains and several more with a change of train in Malmö C but then you have to add around 20 minutes to the trip.

My Husband and I are somewhat limited in our ability to walk. Adding luggage would be a complete impossibility! Therefore, we would like to get some idea of the Taxi fare from the Airport Hilton to the ship. I realize that exact fare is impossible to quote!

The cruise line offers transfer for $37.00/pp. That would be $150.00 round trip and I am hoping we can do better with another form of transportation!

Thanks so much for your help!

Hello again Danish Viking:

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer our numerous questions. We really do appreciate it.

Can you tell me, please, if there is luggage storage at the port after the cruise where one can store their luggage for a day, do some sightseeing, before checking into their hotel? If not at the port, maybe at the train station close by?

My Husband and I are somewhat limited in our ability to walk. Adding luggage would be a complete impossibility! Therefore, we would like to get some idea of the Taxi fare from the Airport Hilton to the ship. I realize that exact fare is impossible to quote!

The cruise line offers transfer for $37.00/pp. That would be $150.00 round trip and I am hoping we can do better with another form of transportation!

Thanks so much for your help!

Sorry about the shuttle idea, I should have read you post a little more thoroughly. We are taking the NCL bus from the port to the airport - $30:00 per person.

Danish Viking,

Could you please find out what specific restaurants, in the area between Nyhavn and Tivoli, near the Strøget

pedestrian street, that would have Boller i Karry that is pictured below.

I would like to have it with served with curry sauce and rice.

Thank you very much,

Susan

BollerKarry-08-10.jpg

Archived