dawn/salsas

pugaddict

I was on the Dawn in April - was free.

Tapas originated in Spain, they are single plate appetizers. Usually a few bites of what you might consider an entree if it had been served in mass. Traditionally you order several different tapas for a variety to make up your meal, or just have one or two as a a snack or appetizer. Very fun!

Is there sit down room in Salsa's too for let's say dinner with full entrees? From the pictures on the ncl site, it looks more of a lounge where you grab a drink, sit down, and have some tapas.

Yes we ate dinner in Salsa in April on the Dawn. It is my mom's favorite (from Tango on the Jewel). She gets giddy when they deliver IL POPO. It's hilarious.

Sounds great... WHAT IS IL POPO ???? Sailing the Dawn on the 29th of June... I want an IL POPOP and I dont know what one is but I want it !!

:)

Kevin

Sounds great... WHAT IS IL POPO ???? Sailing the Dawn on the 29th of June... I want an IL POPOP and I dont know what one is but I want it !!

:)

Kevin

Here you go. They used to serve it in Le Bistro, but now it's being served in Salsas.

2657636800051977359lPLfpk_th.jpg

Il Popo is different from the Fire Star that was served in Le Bistro. Different in the types of meats that were served.

PE

Thanks for clarifying that, PE. It looked the same to us. We've often wondered, but never indulged. :)

IL POPO is a dish for 2 to share. They bring out this iron stand (it looks like one of those banana hanging stands) it has spokes where they have cooked (grilled tasting) items hanging from it. It has beef, chicken, peppers, onions, mushrooms, pineapple, etc. It is diine. Also served with it are condiments, rice, etc. It is my mom's favorite meal on NCL.

Hope this helps.

Archived