Eastbound transatlantic OR NY to Caribean/Miami

dmtcc

My husband and i are trying to decide between 2 different ships for our vacation.

1) RCCL INdependence of the SEAS

Transatlantic crossing

13 day

Southhampton to Ft lauderdale

November 6

2) NCL Dawn

Caribbean

13 days

New york to Miami

Nov 2

We have twin girls who will be 4 by the time we cruise.

Can anyone who has done these itinieries with children tell me their experiences of the cruise/weather for these times of the year? (NOVEMBER)

I like the RCCl vessel for all the amenities (especially the H2O zone for the children). My husabnd like the NCL ships for the dining and food (freestyle).

Any opinions or experiences would be appreciated. Thanks!

I'm partial to RCI. Do you know that they plan to have an Anytime Dining option on all their ships by the end of the year? (It's in trials on several of their ships now, including Freedom)

My advice would be to price out the airfare for each of those cruise options. Airfare is outrageous now, and might make the TA prohibitive.

I'd do the Caribbean...................... The H2O zone is great, but at that time of year, crossing the Atlantic, the weather may not be nice enough to use it. You're also looking at a much longer travel day with a significant time change. Time changes can be difficult for anyone but I think it may be especially tough on a 4 yo!

Archived