Fll To Miami?

jayscore

Anyone know what it takes to get to and from FLL to Miami? (Air fare is much cheaper for me.) And I'm considering coming in the day before our cruise. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

There are shuttles outside the airport. I think they're around $18pp.

There are cabs. I think we spent around $80 for a cab...one way.

There's rental cars. About $50.

You can hire a car service. If you go to the FL boards there will be lots of info there.

Here's the FL link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

The best option definitely depends on how many people are going. Like mentioned above there's a shuttle outside the airport, it's called GO Airport Shuttle (if you can't find it, ask anyone working there, it's very popular). We used them and it was great. It's $18 per person, and brings you right to your hotel. If, however there are a lot of you, a taxi would be cheaper then each of you paying $18 (obviously!) so just do the math and take the cheaper option.

Good Luck, we flew in FLL because it was cheaper as well and everything worked out beautifully! It's worth it to fly in a few days early, in my opinion it gives you a chance to relax and prepare for your cruise. For me, at least, I am tired and just don't want to do a whole lot of anything as soon as I get off a flight, especially getting to a cruise.... I wanted to be rested and ready to explore!!!

Have a GREAT cruise!!

Megan

I didnt put the link to the site for share a ride or their name because last time I did, someone reported it and my post was totally deleted. I thought it was better to say look for the shuttle outside baggage with a little info than to have my post dissapear.

I used to live there for over 13 years and used them myself lots of time. Even the share a ride, it only goes to your area of destination, and if no one else is going to that area, you will go alone, they guarantee within 30 minutes of checking into the kiosk.

We actually had a Limo take us!

There were five of us and it cost $80.00.. plus the tip. The kids loved it.... and it was a private, comfortable ride.

Depending on how many people, this could be a fun option!

Catrin

2525461100046657171bKbOcu_th.jpg.e54f3c2360dd0d3cd1fa09e63872f13e.jpg

The first cruise I went on was won by my mom in an online contest. The airfare had to be booked on Southwest, which only flew into FLL, but the cruise departed out of Miami. So we were responsible for getting to the port.

Neither of us had a lot of money at the time, so we took a "longer" but CHEAP trip from FLL to the Port of Miami.

We took a free shuttle from FLL airport to the light rail, light rail to the Metro, and the Metro to a bus which took us to the port. This was 4 years ago and it didn't cost more than $5 each for the whole trip. The whole trip probably took an hour, but we weren't in a hurry and still boarded within the first hour of boarding!

On the way back we had an afternoon flight so we opted for Carnival's South Beach tour which took us to the airport afterwards. It was nice because we had a few hours to walk around South Beach and didn't have to worry about our luggage and got an ride to the airport!

Just wondering how do you get a ride back after the cruise is over back to FLL? Are there shuttels at the ports?

thanks

I know for sure there will be taxis when you get off the ship.

Shuttles or anything else.....I'm not sure. I think you have to prearrange. Someone else will know better than I about that.

Archived