Kids Program

mma3

I was wondering if anyone could provide me with some feedback about the children's program on the legend. We will be sailing in a few weeks with my daughter 8 and my neice 3. They have been on a Disney cruise but not Carnival.

Thank-you

:p

I have taken my grandson on Carnival once a year since he was 8. He's 17 this year.

He has always enjoyed every minute of the activities for every age group he has passed through. The counselors are simply terrific. The Camp Carnival areas are bright, clean with plenty of "stuff" to do. Your kids will have a blast.

The "kid" has been involved with Club 02 the last few years and has had a wonderful time there, also.

Have a great time!!

On their first cruise DD was 4 and DS was 9. They both loved the kids activities. The Camp Carnival counselors were great with the kids and really seemed to care if they were having fun. Both girls should have a wonderful time.

My DS is 11. Going on Liberty next week. Wondering if activities are age appropriate? Boys are obviously different from girls in likes/dislikes, and build-a-bear is not for him. Are there other activities planned other than that and the late-night party? If DH and I want to go out after 10 pm , how does that work? My only experience with this is through RCL and they will keep the kids in the same area for late activities even when it is not the late night party for a fee per hour. Is CCl the same?

The sign ups are done the first night.

There is a Camp Carnival orientation, where they introduce the staff, answer questions etc.

Then there is a social party for the kids, with music, balloons, Fun SHip Freddie etc.

Our kids have loved every single cruise.... they do a great job!

Cat

Angelique - You register once you're on board. The first night there will be a Camp Carnival orientation meeting where you can register the kids, followed by some family activities. If you miss the orientation, you can register directly at Camp Carnival. I've never heard of Camp Carnival being overbooked.

kkdleon - I have a 12 YO son who just completed 6 cruises in the 9-11 age group, including one on Liberty. Build-a-Bear wasn't for him either! There are lots of activities that appeal to boys this age - he had some basketball and ping-pong games, swimming/pizza events, etc. After 10, babysitting is available in Camp Carnival for this age group at the per-hour rate, and there are one or two late-night parties at extra cost.

I have taken grandchildren on two cruises, and have one booked for December with a grandchild. We have early dining, because of the children, and we have missed the CC orientation both times so far. I hate to miss dinner the first night and not meet my waiters and tablemates. Is there any way around this?

Sewut

I have taken grandchildren on two cruises, and have one booked for December with a grandchild. We have early dining, because of the children, and we have missed the CC orientation both times so far. I hate to miss dinner the first night and not meet my waiters and tablemates. Is there any way around this?

Sewut

We've never skipped dinner for the Camp Carnival orientation. It's supposed to be timed to fit with early dining; we found that it fit well with the 5:45 dining time, but if you had 6:15 you'd be late. Since both dining rooms now have 6:00 dining, I'm assuming that they'll time the orientation to start around the time 6:00 dinner concludes.

I've never had an issue with making the orientation either with early seating. At this point, I just fill-in the form and pretty much leave. My boys are older and are going on cruise 4.

For boys 11 and up, the choice of activities do become limited. My oldest at that age tended to stick to the video games activities. It all depends on the kids on board too. On our last cruise, there werent tons of kids in the older age groups. They also didnt participate in activities or even hang out.

On the Miracle, if they didnt particpate in the activities, my ds and some new friends played cards, played ping pong...just hung out together.

Have a great time!

Angelique - You register once you're on board. The first night there will be a Camp Carnival orientation meeting where you can register the kids, followed by some family activities. If you miss the orientation, you can register directly at Camp Carnival. I've never heard of Camp Carnival being overbooked.

kkdleon - I have a 12 YO son who just completed 6 cruises in the 9-11 age group, including one on Liberty. Build-a-Bear wasn't for him either! There are lots of activities that appeal to boys this age - he had some basketball and ping-pong games, swimming/pizza events, etc. After 10, babysitting is available in Camp Carnival for this age group at the per-hour rate, and there are one or two late-night parties at extra cost.

Thank you - nybumpkin and Catrin!

So do they have more than one orientation (we are on Glory late seating and they tell us they have moved seating to only two)?:confused:

Wow - I did not know about the additional charge after 10pm. I will have to look at their website to find out how much it is per hour. Unless someone knows how much it is??:confused:

-Angelique:)

I took my nephew on a cruise when he was 5. He loved Camp Carnival so much, he begged to stay there when we went to pick him up. We almost felt guilty when we insisted he eat with us. I can't imagine your girls not having a terrific time. Camp Carnival is very well done!

Thank you - nybumpkin and Catrin!

So do they have more than one orientation (we are on Glory late seating and they tell us they have moved seating to only two)?:confused:

Wow - I did not know about the additional charge after 10pm. I will have to look at their website to find out how much it is per hour. Unless someone knows how much it is??:confused:

-Angelique:)

What are the fees for Babysitting?spacer.gifBesides the complimentary Camp Carnival activities that are available everyday, babysitting is also available every evening from 10pm to 3am. Infants - 8 year olds have their slumber party in the Playroom with movie time, snacks and drinks. 9-11 year olds have After Hours with video games, movies, board games, snacks and drink from 10pm to 12am.. They will join regular babysitting from 12am to 3am. The charge for babysitting is $6.00 per hour for the first child and $4.00 for each additional sibling and will be charged to your Sail & Sign card. We also work out the charge per 15 minute intervals, so we do not charge parents if their child does not stay a full hour and only part of it. Please sign up with the Youth Staff in advance.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Camp_Carnival_Babysitting_Fees.aspx

The kids will have a great time.

The Embarkation night is Orientation and then usually a "family party" where parents (or grandparents) are required to attend as well....not just the kids.

This is a good "get to know everyone" event.

The official Camp Carnival activities start at 9AM the next morning and go through the day until 10PM. As stated earlier, after 10PM that is a charge for babysitting.

During the day, Camp Carnival "may" close to 2 hour periods from 12 - 2pm and 5 - 7 pm on Sea Days. This is not the case on Port days.

You will receive a Caper for each age group for the entire cruise on the first night at Orientation.

They will have a blast. Our 16 year old started with them when he was 5 and he is headed out on his 23rd Carnival cruise in Sept. He loves Club O2.

He is a special needs child and they have always exceeded even this Mom's(who has a PhD in being overprotective) expectations.

Archived