Validity/integrity of advertised TA cruise prices?

bazzaw

Rugbypopsie, we are doing the 23 days from Shanghai. We looked at doing it when it was first advertised as they were giving good on board credits, but as much as we like sea days, we decided there were too many for the whole cruise.

Then I saw it advertised (on one on the online TA'S) as 23 days with a China tour and booked it straight away.:p

We are very pleased with it as it turns out that it has been organized thro Wendy Wu Tours and we are having 7 days in China before the cruise.

I have also put a posting on the rollcall but it seems to be a bit quiet as yet.

I have found a lot of the Australian agencies use the bare bones price which of course you can't have ....haven't had that problem with overseas agencies price quoted upfront always includes everything.... Another thing that peeves me when they advertise is when they state a great price and then in little tiny letters somewhere in the ad you find it is quad share... grrrrr just give us the twin and let the quads be surprised by their great savings...cheers shiona

I have found so many advertise the quad way. My daughter called me and said "oh P&O are advertising on TV and it only costs $695 to go on a cruise"!! I said yes you can, but it's not all that realistic, for a start it's a quad price!

But I suppose that is how they suck in potential new pax.

I can't see why people have a problem with cruise lines advertising a quad fare:confused: . They've always done it. I know when I see a fare "from" (whatever price) it is based on 4 in a cabin (just like I also know that it will be an inside cabin, not outside) and know straight away that it will be more if there are only two of us (unless of course it stipulates "twin" - which it rarely does)

we saw this cruise advertised in april next year with an online TA cruising to hawaii on the rhapsody and spending 7 nights in hawaii and cruising home on the dawn princess, the price was very good but i went and enquired at a b&m TA and they beat the online TA's price

all up we are gone from home for 41 days for $5400 and thats paying the tips on the rhapsody but we had to settle for an inside cabin

I can't see why people have a problem with cruise lines advertising a quad fare:confused: . They've always done it. I know when I see a fare "from" (whatever price) it is based on 4 in a cabin (just like I also know that it will be an inside cabin, not outside) and know straight away that it will be more if there are only two of us (unless of course it stipulates "twin" - which it rarely does)

Not having a go Karen but not everyone is as cruise price savy as you...and thats the problem what is the big deal with actually increasing the size of quad share in their ads.....even giving the twin share as well....we do however have to give most of the public some intelligence for realizing they won't be getting the best cabin on the ship for the bargain price.....shiona

Archived