Cape LIberty /Science Centere Liberty

I took a school trip to the Liberty Science Center in N.J yesterday and was wondering how close it is to Cape Liberty. Since we were close to the airport I assumed we were close to the port so I kept looking to se if I coule see the EOS (I'm going in Feb.) Also we saw a sign for Port Liberty,Is that the same as Cape Liberty of 2 totally different things?

Thanks, had another mom looking for ships w/ me. I just would have loved to see it. I'm from L.I so although i visit th e city, my trips to jersey are usually only to visit relatives.

We did the Explorer last year and I am in Holbrook exit 61 LIE and on sunday morning it took 1 hour and 15 minutes to get to Cape Liberty. We were there so early we stopped at a diner for coffee. HEHEHE.

It is not that far maybe 15 minutes or so. Port Liberty is the name I believe for the industrial area (though not positive).

Port Liberty, is actually in Jersey City, not in Bayonne. They are townhomes, and some other things, sort of near Liberty Science Center. So, to answer your question, no they are two different areas., although only about 8-10 minutes away from each other.

If you took the NJ turnpike to the science center you were one exit from Cape Liberty which is in Bayonne.Bayonne is the first exit on what they call the extension[i believe exit 14C]from there you can see if a ship is in.

We did the Explorer last year and I am in Holbrook exit 61 LIE and on sunday morning it took 1 hour and 15 minutes to get to Cape Liberty. We were there so early we stopped at a diner for coffee. HEHEHE.

wow, i'm @ exit 62. I live between the 2 colleges.

Archived