Has Anyone Gone on the SunRider Snorkel Lunch Lately in Cabo?

Sunny AZ Girl

We did not use them for snorkeling but we did use them for a sunset dinner cruise this past February. We had a great time and the food was good. They have outdoor grills that they use to cook right on the ship. They have 2 boats and they are of the traditional type (not catamarans). One holds at least 70 people and the other holds over 100. They also have more roomy bathrooms than the catamarans do. Keep an eye on the lunch service though. If you are topside, you will not see when they start serving food. They have a great crew and we had a fun time on the sunset cruise.

The catamarans are also a great option for snorkeling (we like Pez Gato). Simpler type lunch (I think sandwich and chips is the norm but I could be wrong) and the bathrooms are an adventure but the ships are smaller (less people, figure 40-60). Some have a little water slide for getting into the water.

BTW, you can reserve through their website, just bring your confirmation e-mail with you. Also of note, they are easy to get to from the tender pier (less than 10 min walk).

Thanks! We'll be checking them out. I like the idea that they are close to the tender pier, also. I would like a smaller snorkle group, but my DH likes a boat with a lot of shade, plus the lunch sounds like fun! This will be a short cruise with Cabo being our only port, so I wanted to make sure it is a fun excursion. Since it should be warm in September/October and we like to snorkle it looked like the best type of solution. The last time I was in Cabo was in January and it was way too cold for those of us from AZ to go in the water. We went whale watching instead.

You should have no problems with shade on the SunRider boats. Both have a lower deck (shade) with lots of windows and an upper deck with lots of sun. The lower deck is also where the grill (for lunch) is located. Lunch (and any alcohol served) will be after the snorkeling is finished on the trip back to Cabo.

Hope you can get on the smaller of their 2 boats. I would request it and see what happens.

Archived