Is the food the same for balcony as for suite dining rooms?

burm

The forum search engine does not seem to work for me so excuse me if this has been discussed many times already.

I see that Cunard has separate dining rooms for passengers in balconies and for suites. Do the poor folk in balcony staterooms get the same food as the gentry?

Is Cunard's food (for the rifraff :) ) as good as the food on Princess and Celebrity?

The food quality is probably the same but the preparation is more elegant for the grill passengers. Also Queens Grill passengers can have most anything they want even if it is not on the menu. I just got off the QV and had Queens Grill accommodations and requested and received caviar almost every evening.

The food quality is probably the same but the preparation is more elegant for the grill passengers. Also Queens Grill passengers can have most anything they want even if it is not on the menu. I just got off the QV and had Queens Grill accommodations and requested and received caviar almost every evening.

As long as I get the same quality and variety of food I am happy. Thanks.

Can anyone compare Cunard's food to that of Princess or Celebrity please?

I would like to try Cunard next time for the ballroom dancing but good food is also extremely important to us.

(for the rifraff :)

Rifraff on Cunard, how dare you.

David.

I admit it - I will be amongst the rifraff. My real concern is that if the ship goes down they will lock the doors to the peasant's section, as they did on the Titanic. For that reason I may take one of the obstructed balconies so I can be the first into the lifeboat. Once there, they won't toss me out, will they? Are the peasants given different coloured lifejackets so they know who to toss off the lifeboats in case of a shortage?

They get lifejackets???:confused:

Thanks for the laugh!

Ok, it is decided. I will book an obstructed balcony with quick access to a life boat, take my own life jacket, improve my rowing and swimming skills before departure, and pack a bowl so that I can beg the stewart "Please sir, may I have more gruel?"

But I will be as Cinderella in ballroom and dazzle the aristocracy with my dance skills. They will allow me into the ballroom, won't they?

On a more serious or on topic note, we have traveled on a Princess ship (Coral Princess 2005)once and Cunard three times, twice in Britannia (QM2 2006, QV(last Christmas and New Years) and once on QE2 in Queens Grill (2007).

To the best of my memory the food quality was about the same in Britannia and the Coral. I think that Cunard has more vegetables in sauces, and less beef, but wonderful spa meals(the best lobster tail I every had was the spa version on the QV.) You will not have an all ways available menu in Brittania. But any ordinary item (steamed vegables, spagetti, a whole pot of tea) has all ways been met in my experience but I realize that that has not been every ones experience. If you have any special dietary needs note in your pre-voyage form . Also the QV, and QM2 have no cost menu speciality resteraunts in the Lido or Kings Court.

Hope this helps. Have fun dancing. The dancing is one of the reasons we keep coming back to Cunard.:)

The dancing is one of the reasons we keep coming back to Cunard.:)

Thank you for your helpful information. The best ballroom dancing on the seas in the main attraction for me with Cunard.

Having sailed all three lines, my comments.

QM2 is very comparable to the Princess line for both evening dining and buffet style during the daytime. My opinion only, but we found that Celebrity is noticeably better than the other two lines, yet not so much so that I would sail exculisvely Celebrity. (We have never sailed QM2 in the grills so my opinions are some what limited.)

More importanly thought then the quality of the food is that service is slower on QM2 that the other lines so you should expect to be in the dining room at least two hours. If the main attraction to Cunard is the ballroom (as it is for us) you might want to consider an early dining room seating or alternative dining now and then so that you can take full advatange of the Queens Room. (again, not an issue if you are sailing in the Grills category)

As a fellow ballroom dancer I am pretty certain that you will love the ballroom dancing, quite a different experience from both Princess and Celebrity.

Having sailed all three lines, my comments.

QM2 is very comparable to the Princess line for both evening dining and buffet style during the daytime. My opinion only, but we found that Celebrity is noticeably better than the other two lines, yet not so much so that I would sail exculisvely Celebrity. (We have never sailed QM2 in the grills so my opinions are some what limited.)

More importanly thought then the quality of the food is that service is slower on QM2 that the other lines so you should expect to be in the dining room at least two hours. If the main attraction to Cunard is the ballroom (as it is for us) you might want to consider an early dining room seating or alternative dining now and then so that you can take full advatange of the Queens Room. (again, not an issue if you are sailing in the Grills category)

As a fellow ballroom dancer I am pretty certain that you will love the ballroom dancing, quite a different experience from both Princess and Celebrity.

Your comments are extremely helpful Smoothdancer. Many thanks.

Good food is very important to us and we were happy with both Princess and Celebrity. But as you know, they are not lines you sail with to ballroom dance. For me it would be heaven to snorkel all day, eat a wonderful meal, then dance the night away.

Archived