Puerto Vallarta Walmart/Sam's

Sweetspot

I understand there is a Sam's Club and Walmart across the street from the pier. From the picture it seems like a large street. Does anyone know if you can walk there or if cab's would be willing to take you there? Also, does anyone know if they sell alcohol at either place or if there is a place close to the pier that does?

I understand there is a Sam's Club and Walmart across the street from the pier. From the picture it seems like a large street. Does anyone know if you can walk there or if cab's would be willing to take you there? Also, does anyone know if they sell alcohol at either place or if there is a place close to the pier that does?

It is an easy walk to Sam's/WalMart. Just cross the street(s) at the traffic lights. They sell adult beverages at both places. Really no different than your typical Sam's/WalMart back home.

If you buy quite a bit then it might be better to taxi back (depending on the heat/humidity). Are you looking for a particular type/brand of alcohol?

Enjoy!

As noted above, it's an easy walk to Wally World, but be quick about crossing the street. Those green lights didn't seem to last too long.

Nice selection of beverages there too.

Don't the crosswalks there have a graphic of a person walking? As the time gets shorter he walks faster until he's running just before the light changes.

Charlie

Thank you! It will be good to know that we can get there to get anything we might have forgot to pack. We'll be on the ship for 15 days and this is one of the first ports. Also, good to know they sell alcohol is case we want to pick up anything. DCL is good about letting you bring your own beverages onboard.

Hey there - some of this mentions picking up some yummy bevs at Walmart....are we allowed to bring that back on the cruise ship? We are on Carnival though I didn't think you could bring alcohal on board....

Hey there - some of this mentions picking up some yummy bevs at Walmart....are we allowed to bring that back on the cruise ship? We are on Carnival though I didn't think you could bring alcohal on board....
Same rules apply as when embarking. We have had times on different ships/lines where there was no one to accept any alcohol. So, you may be able to get some back on board.

OTOH, the rule is that it will be held until the last night.

Charlie

A few related questions:

Does anyone know what the relative prices are for wine and other spirits compared to the USA?

Are there also places for wine purchases in the ports of Cabo and Mazatlan?

I am debating whether to make all my wine purchases prior to boarding in San Diego or to make some purchases along the way.

Thanks

A few related questions:

Does anyone know what the relative prices are for wine and other spirits compared to the USA?

Are there also places for wine purchases in the ports of Cabo and Mazatlan?

I am debating whether to make all my wine purchases prior to boarding in San Diego or to make some purchases along the way.

Thanks

Assuming Cabo and Mazatlan are priced similar to PV...wine is expensive compared to US (unless you want to buy Mexican wine).

Assuming Cabo and Mazatlan are priced similar to PV...wine is expensive compared to US (unless you want to buy Mexican wine).

Thanks. I think I will just bring my supply on boad in San Diego.

We spend the better part of the winter at PV and do a lot of shopping for groceries at Walmart and Sams. Wine prices in Mexico (and this includes Sams) are quite high unless you want to buy Mexican wine (most would be rated by me as "rotgut"). The Mexican govenment apparently has a pretty hefty tariff on imported wine in order to protect the home-grown stuff. As to shopping in Walmart, most products are about the same or more expensive in the states.

Hank

Are the prices for beer high also? Would American brands be very expensive as compared with the US?

Since Mexico has many excellent beers, I've never even noticed if there were American beers available. I honestly can't remember seeing any, and we've logged many visits of 1-4 weeks, and bought mucho cerveza. It's probably there, but I would expect it to be expensive, like any other imported goods.

***Hubby just said he's noticed it, and it's very expensive.***

Can't understand why so many Americans plan a trip to foreign ports and then worry if they can get their favorite American-style brews in port.

DH & I have cruised to most ports in the Caribbean and Mexico over the past few years, spent many weeks traveling through Europe on land tours in the '90s and lived in Berlin, Germany during the late '60s.

Can't think of 1 (one) American beer that rivals the flavors and satisfaction of some of the foreign brewed beers we've been fortunate to try over the years.

Too many Americans are hooked on beer that has tastes no where near what real beer is supposed to taste.

tnat's my 2 & 3 cents worth of great beers of the world.

Dianne

Can't understand why so many Americans plan a trip to foreign ports and then worry if they can get their favorite American-style brews in port.

DH & I have cruised to most ports in the Caribbean and Mexico over the past few years, spent many weeks traveling through Europe on land tours in the '90s and lived in Berlin, Germany during the late '60s.

Can't think of 1 (one) American beer that rivals the flavors and satisfaction of some of the foreign brewed beers we've been fortunate to try over the years.

Too many Americans are hooked on beer that has tastes no where near what real beer is supposed to taste.

tnat's my 2 & 3 cents worth of great beers of the world.

Dianne

Because it's what we like...does that help you to understand? I guess I can't understand why someone feels they have a right to judge one's taste rather than answer a simple question.

mytime53: Thank you for the answer. We will carry it on in San Pedro and not bother with Walmart while in port in Puerto Vallarta.

Archived