New amenities for Mariners on HAL

Mariner05

I think that if you are on a world cruise paying those prices, than you should be given your medallion in some other way than under the door. Show a little respect and tradition for your Mariners.

I also think that HAL should look at Crystal's program for repeat cruisers, and there are many on each sailing. Crystal offers a discount to past passengers, and if you book while sailing, the discount doubles.

I also think that HAL should look at Crystal's program for repeat cruisers, and there are many on each sailing. Crystal offers a discount to past passengers, and if you book while sailing, the discount doubles.

Gee you get a discount with HAL for being a mariner.....I think it's about 5 bucks......double it and it would cost HAL $10. Do you folks think they could spare that with all the mariners:D :D .

Gee you get a discount with HAL for being a mariner.....I think it's about 5 bucks...
Usually it is $50 pp, but it is not offered on all cruises. Highly competitive Caribbean itineraries often do not offer any Mariner discount. Go online and price a non-Caribbean cruise with and without using your Mariner number.

Usually it is $50 pp, but it is not offered on all cruises. Highly competitive Caribbean itineraries often do not offer any Mariner discount. Go online and price a non-Caribbean cruise with and without using your Mariner number.

I don't doubt it.....that is why I say it's next to nothing.........

I like Hal and Princess. I feel some of the posters on this thread are diminishing the Princess perks to repeat passengers. Both lines have good products, nice ships and service.

There is no comparison if Princess is giving free Internet time to Platinum ( 6 or more cruises) members and HAL gives me a medal and a tile that probably ends up in a drawer or in the trash.

Princess did cut back the free Internet from totally unlimited to a designated # of minutes depending on how long the cruise is. I think for 7 days each passenger gets 100 minutes free, 200 per cabin. The longer the cruise the more minutes, I think we each got 240 or 300 free minutes on a 12 night cruise.

Once you are elite (15 cruises I think )free laundry and one stocked minibar are also given which is pretty nice to have.

There are quite a few small perks that dont mean much to me but some people may like, priority embarkations, tendering, photo discounts.

Perks on Princess are for anyone with the designated # of cruises under their belts, it doesnt matter whether you booked the cheapest inside cabin or the Presidential suite. Each cruise counts toward the reward system.

I have had several travel agents tell me Princess is a great value especially with the past passenger reward system in place. They were preaching to the choir as I totally agree.

The 2 products are close in quality and service. Past Passenger perks are something that I factor into my decision making. I would love to see HAL enhance this program.

Did they award Platinums at the Mariners Party or were those medals left in mailboxes as well?

They had their own private party/medallion ceremony to which the rest of us were not invited. I'm sure though that the members of the President's Club were probably invited.

Valerie:D

How rude! And I'm not referring to your being AWOL for the photo.

The responsibility is with the Hotel Manager. To shove a silver medal under the door is inconceivable. He should have held multiple award ceremonies until the job was completed --- reguardless of how long it took. Especially on a World Cruise.

I did mention in my questionnaire that although I didn't expect bells and whistles I did expect a little more recognition for my loyalty to HAL. Of course the Hotel Manager was retiring after the cruise and probably could not have cared less what I thought!

How rude! And I'm not referring to your being AWOL for the photo.

I agree: I though it was extremely rude, but what can you do?

Valerie:)

p.s. I was not the one who posted a complaint about the Hotel Manager on last year's GWV. I wonder what it was? I actually did not have any complaints about him. At first I was disgusted about the manner of delivery of my "silver" medallion and when I calmed down I actually found it quite funny.

I like Hal and Princess. I feel some of the posters on this thread are diminishing the Princess perks to repeat passengers. Both lines have good products, nice ships and service.

There is no comparison if Princess is giving free Internet time to Platinum ( 6 or more cruises) members and HAL gives me a medal and a tile that probably ends up in a drawer or in the trash.

Princess did cut back the free Internet from totally unlimited to a designated # of minutes depending on how long the cruise is. I think for 7 days each passenger gets 100 minutes free, 200 per cabin. The longer the cruise the more minutes, I think we each got 240 or 300 free minutes on a 12 night cruise.

Once you are elite (15 cruises I think )free laundry and one stocked minibar are also given which is pretty nice to have.

There are quite a few small perks that dont mean much to me but some people may like, priority embarkations, tendering, photo discounts.

Perks on Princess are for anyone with the designated # of cruises under their belts, it doesnt matter whether you booked the cheapest inside cabin or the Presidential suite. Each cruise counts toward the reward system.

I have had several travel agents tell me Princess is a great value especially with the past passenger reward system in place. They were preaching to the choir as I totally agree.

The 2 products are close in quality and service. Past Passenger perks are something that I factor into my decision making. I would love to see HAL enhance this program.

That's the best part of having choices. We can choose those things that matter to us the most and cruise the line that offers the most of the things we care about.

Just for the record, DH and I have 5 or 6 cruises on Princess so it isn't as though we never tried them. Our personal opinion was that our last cruise on Princess, probably will be our last cruise on Princess. We were very disappointed in a number of things and never went back. Just our personal experience. Obviously we had some cruises we liked or we would have stopped sailing them sooner.

I agree: I though it was extremely rude, but what can you do?

Valerie:)

p.s. I was not the one who posted a complaint about the Hotel Manager on last year's GWV. I wonder what it was? I actually did not have any complaints about him. At first I was disgusted about the manner of delivery of my "silver" medallion and when I calmed down I actually found it quite funny.

Of course your silver medallion should have been presented to you. No two ways about it. I'm just speculating there must have been many and they (wrongly) chose to 'take a shortcut' and make the Mariners Party move along more quickly.

I agree it is nice to have choices but I appreciate any recognition of our past business, whether a cruise line, hotel chain, car dealership etc.

I hope HAL redoes this program and something tells me they will. They rolled out the Vista class ships to appeal to a younger generation that may have little interest in medals and tiles. Competetion is fierce and successful companies like HAL periodically revamp.

Our next cruise is on the Eurodam, our last cruise was on Princess. We go back and forth.

I did mention in my questionnaire that although I didn't expect bells and whistles I did expect a little more recognition for my loyalty to HAL. Of course the Hotel Manager was retiring after the cruise and probably could not have cared less what I thought!

He should have been made to walk the plank!!:D

I know people who pick Princess over HAL for the free laundry and internet (now I think 100 minutes) for being Elite. I did convince them last year to purchase the unlimited laundry on HAL and they did think it was reasonable.

To be fair this year they were on Azamara and have a HAL and Princess cruise later this year.

As I relatively high number Mariner there is only one thing I am looking for from HAL.......

I want to continue to receive the high level of service we have become accustomed to on the beautiful HAL ships and maintain some semblance of the Tradition they have long followed. It's good to remember 'who brought you to the party' and to honor that which made you successful to begin with.

I hope HAL does not lose itself in the race to build and fill all these 'dam' cabins.

I don't care about free Internet; I don't need free anything. I want what we have paid for and what we have come to expect. No more......no less.

As usual, I ditto your comments completely. My DW and I enjoy HAL and expect to pay for whatever we are to receive. For that expenditure, we look forward to continuing excellent service, accomodations, excursions, and company.

harry

Archived