? about flying from Phoenix to FLL

sunlover5

Yes, we are 4 gals doing a girls cruise this Feb. Getting our own flights and flying in day before. Only one girl is coming from Phoenix, she doesn't know anything about getting flights, etc. Wants me to do it. Right now best is 426.00 round trip.

Good price, or have you seen better from there. Any help is appreciated!!

I have checked numerous sites, but maybe someone has a good one to look at!

Thank you!!

My gut tells me that there is a better deal out there with some searching and/or waiting. But some questions that need to be asked:

- is there an airline preference?

- do you prefer non-stop or a connection?

- do you prefer a particular time of day or don't care?

- is flying into PBI or MIA an option if there are cheaper fares there that more than offset the additional ground transportation costs?

Southwest can get her from PHX to FLL for probably the lowest price, but they have yet to post their schedules and fares for any dates past October.

Just a caveat is that Southwest doesn't always have the lowest prices out there.

Continental has a one stopper (Houston) most Saturdays in February for $341.00. Sundays-$395.00. If you want the nonstop, $449.00 on US Air.

I just looked at WN. CHEAPEST for OCTOBER (not exactly prime Florida cruising/vacation season)-$415.00, one stop each way. WN is NOT cheap out of Phoenix-never has been, probably never will be. Even when you add in a bag charge, WN is still higher priced except for the nonstop.

February is a prime month in Florida-President's week vacation, Valentines day vacation, etc. etc. Sorry, but the prices probably won't be much less than what you are finding.

But, WN can get you from Phoenix to Orlando non-stop for $327 rt. That again was using October rates. I have gone into Orlando and rented a car to Miami. It was always cheaper than flying into FLL or MIA. And the drive is not that bad. Just an idea. Just trying to help out.

If you gave us the dates, we could help you. Try kayak.com and add a check in show nearby airports and take the check out of leave/return same airport. Try alternative airports such as MIA, PBI, or even Naples. Orlando is a 4 hour drive to FLL plus about $20 each way in tolls. (Unless you want to drive down 95 which I don't suggest.)

Also try different days such as if your cruise goes out Sunday, could you catch a red-eye Friday night? You just have to keep playing with the system until you find something. Don't give up, you still have 7 months to look. Also, wait for Southwest if you have to. Feb fares should be released in about 2 months or so. Jetblue is out of the question since they make you switch in NY unless the price is much lower than everyone else.

We flew into FLL and out of PBI our last cruise and saved about $150 after renting the car one-way.

Consider JetBlue nonstop from LGB-FLL. They have not released Feb, fares yet but you can compare current fares to see if they are significantly cheaper. US Airways flies PHX-LGB or you can drive. I know this is a strange and nutty idea, but saving on airfare nowadays requres thinking outside the box.

Thanks, sorry have not been on for awhile.

Dates are Feb. 21-28

Yes, we have looked at the red eye for Fri. night but actually more.

She doesn't really want to drive since she will be flying in alone and meeting us. Doesn't travel much so she rather go right into FLL.

We have tried Contiental, but couldn't find 341.00. She would love that price!!

Thank you for all the suggestions!!

Archived