Snorkeling Difficulty Level

scwhiner

We are going to be cruising for the the first time and trying to decide on the snorkeling. We'd hate to miss out on the best sights to see and it appears the best way to do that is via boat.

Can anyone give an idea of how difficult it is to get on and off the boats?

Almost all reputable snorkeling operations have ladders on their boats that go down into the water, so climbing out of the water for most people isn't difficult. I will provide this one caution ... if you are a large person (or out of shape), after you've experienced the seemingly "weightless" sensation of being in the water for a while, it can sometimes seem that your body is significantly heavier as you're trying to climb up the ladder. Still, most people manage well.

Thank you for the information ! It was the ladder I was concerned with and making sure they have one. I have a shoulder injury that doesn't allow for much strength pulling up so I know I would have issue if there wasn't a ladder to climb up. I appreciate the caution as well about the weightlessness, I never gave that much thought.:)

Archived