Chocoholic's Buffet??

gail t

okay, I have heard that some cruises have a buffet of chocolate... could it be true? Does the Rhapsody of the Seas have such a thing? (if so... I know I have died and gone to heaven!!!) i have heard that there are various chocolates, and chocolate covered things and a fountain of chocolate??? Here I sit a true chocoholic, with my mouth watering... wondering... can it really be true?

(if the Rhapsody doesn't have this... i will be disappointed... but i am sure that i will find many other wonderful things about this cruise!!!)

thanks bunches!!

gail t :p

I was on the Rhapsody last year (August) and they did have a chocolate buffet--my husband and I LOVED it. Lots of cakes, chocolate dipped strawberries, etc. They even had chocolate rice crispy cookies! I loved the skewers of fruit (melon, strawberries, pineapple, banana) that they dipped in chocolate fondue for you. They had some amazing chocolate scupltures too--so you may want to take your camera. The chocolate buffet is the first place that I had their RC cake (basically a flourless chocolate cake) that was TO DIE FOR. I had it 3 more times on the cruise...and still dream of it.

Have fun and definetly enjoy the chocolate buffet!!

• 2 weeks later...

Carnival Conquest (May 2004) had a chocolate buffet for lunch! Two of the four buffet stations were set up for CHOCOLATE: cakes, cookies, ice cream, fruit and dipping sauce, cheesecake, all kinds of candies, and I can't even remember what else.

First time I have ever eaten an all-chocolate meal. Probably won't be the last if the next cruise I go on has a Chocolate buffet too!! :rolleyes:

• 8 months later...
this is amazing!!! Does Carnival GLory have the chocolate buffet? I have not had the experience of a whole buffet of chocolate before, I would LOVE to see this, pics anyone?

Yes they do. I do not care about sweets so did not go but walked by the display. The lines were very long. My mom waited thirty minutes and came back with only two things on her plate. But many others had plates piled high.

The ones I have seen on RCI and NCL were more impressive in terms of variety, size and design. They are done in the main dining room and Glory did hers in the Lido Buffet.

It was at lunch on a sea day but that is as much as I remember.

On all the Norwegian ships, to my knowledge, they have their signature Chocoholic's Buffet once during the cruise. I have cruised with NCL twice and went to the chocolate buffet both times. The best was the chocolate fondue with fresh fruit. The cakes weren't as good. The regular chocolate mousse from room service was actually better. They also had other types of candies available and also ice cream. It was awesome! They also came around selling "love cups": little shooter glasses filled with your favorite liqueur!! And you keep the souvenir glass! We had Frangelico and Bailey's and got 2 memorable glasses to keep! It's a real amazing thing having a chocolate buffet. but I must warn you, it does get sickening after a while. You will end up with this big plate full of all these delicious sweet treats and after a few bites you won't be able to eat anymore!

-Bonnie

I was on the Rhapsody in June and we did not have a chocolate buffet. Instead on our 5th day they had a Grand Buffet. There was an opportunity for picture taking from 11:30-midnight and then at 12:15 it was open for people to eat the food on display. There were beautiful displays but I didn't see a chocolate fountain or fondue. We are sailing on the Rhapsody again in November and hope to see a chocolate buffet then.

• 3 weeks later...
The Paradise does not have the chocolate buffet. The Conquest-class has them for sure, not sure about the others.

We had the chocolate buffet on Paradise but maybe they changed it when Paradise moved to the west coast?? But more importantly, wow.....You are SO SO SO close to your cruise time! Have fun.

I don't know, when we were on it last year at about this time, they didn't have it. I was disappointed. Maybe they had it back in '99, around the time that it first came out. We were on the final regular caribbean sailing of the Paradise, before it took the Panama Canal cruise to L.A.

• 2 weeks later...
I can't wait for the chocolate buffet since you say the soverign has it. Yummy:D

A piece of advice....go early! The lines get VERY long. DD and I went around 11:30pm and were the first ones in line (midnight buffet). We sat on the floor with a deck of cards. Being the first ones in, we got the full effect of the displays, It felt like a darned shame to be the first to cut into those beautiful cakes. We filled our plates and headed back to the room with them to share with the other 2 kids and DH. The people in the enormous line ups outside the dining room and down the hallway were drooling at our plates as they passed.

Everyone was asleep when we returned to the room, so DH and I covered up (most) of the chocolate and we all had it for a nice afternoon snack up on deck the next day. (We got a whole lot of "Where'd you get that?" from the other passengers.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was on the Mariner last month, and on the Friday night, they had a midnight buffet, which included everything imaginable associated with chocolate! Cakes, fruit, sculptures, it was amazing. Just be sure to get there early and get a plate, quick, before they run out! It was such a shame to desicrate such works of art........not! They were yum!:D

Nov 2005, Diamond to Mexico, one night late after the show I decided to go up to the buffet for coffee and something sweet. Lo and behold, chocolate strawberries, grapes, thick coating of chocolate (candy bar style) on pie, I can't remember how many things but it was not a chocolate buffet. Just one side across from the main food. I brought a few things down to our room and everything I got was great.

Archived